1983 Strada Alfetta GTV FS $2,500

Started by John Burkhart, July 15, 2018, 10:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Burkhart

"Strada" was a cosmetic pack sold in Australia, and should not be confused with the European "Strada" which didn't come to Australia.

I'm looking for $2,500 for the car plus a bunch of spares including an engine block. The car is registered and I have used is as my daily driver for the past month. I have just gotten home from a round trip from Canberra to Sydney for the weekend and the GTV ran beautifully and without issue.

Current ACT registration runs until 7th Feb 2019.

While the car runs reliably it needs to be repainted fairly shortly and it is a fixer upper.

This was a paddock find about 4 years ago. It hadn't been turned over for 4 years before I got it, but all it took was two batteries worth of cranking and she started up ok.

The few things I have done to the car include:
- tyres
- alternator
- starter motor
- replaced a cracked headlight
- replaced shocks all round
- replaced brake rotors and pads all round
- removed the air conditioning compressor (I had originally intended to turn it into a race car but sanity prevailed - it's an unusual car so restoration seemed a better option)
- disconnected the radio from the battery
- had the driver-side window winder re-run
- oh, and I stripped the aging paint off about a third of the bonnet, then painted it with a clear anti-rust paint. It now needs to be done properly before rust takes hold.

There are spots of rust starting to appear on the sky-facing surfaces. I've sprayed all affected areas with an odourless fish oil type paint to help protect it until it can be taken to a paint shop. There are some small bubbles of rust along the lower part of at least one of the doors.

Chris Hedges (Canberra) has worked on the car and he encouraged me to buy a carby kit and service them. The engine runs pretty nicely except for a hesitation just below 2000 rpm if going half throttle. It starts surprisingly well given the -7C mornings we've had here recently.

Below are photos at Brighton Le Sands on the weekend.

Cheers,

JohnB

John Burkhart

Here's a video to show the blemishes in detail, and that it is road-going.

https://youtu.be/fSDGKNlm2Qs

John Burkhart