new coil over suspension offerings from Zeatek/Alfastumper

Started by wankski, February 10, 2012, 02:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wankski

So, word is zeatek are now offering their own coilovers supplied by a company 100% owned, and part of the KW Fahrwerk Group.

These Coilovers are apparrantly low-cost version of KW's, so the quality ought be good.

To get the kits introduced in Australia, free shipping is being offered to Australia on all orders of these coilver kits placed before April 1st.

Zeatek Z8 (Hight adjustable only) costs 4.479,00 dkk, equivalent to 741,00 AUD

http://alfastumper.dk/oscommerce_st/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=270_1_4&products_id=2199&language=en

Zeatek Z9 (hight and damper adjustable) costs 5.838,00 dkk equvalent to 966,00 AUD

http://alfastumper.dk/oscommerce_st/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=270_1_4&products_id=2254&language=en

- Personally i think this is a great deal - and although I like my b12 set up, i would jump on this in a heatbeat as it gives you the ability to level the ride height, which i am not entirely happy w/ the pro-kits about...

$750AUD delivered and with the fronts already mounted, obviating the diciest part of the suspension install, it's a no-brainer.

Last time i ordered from Alfastumper i had my item inside a week w/ tracking.

This is no paid endorsement, just a *damn* on my part.

Joe

John Burkhart

I just ordered myself a set of the Zeatek Z9 Azzurro's from Alfastumper and had the very pleasant surprise of being told that for this December (2013) they are offering free shipping on orders of the Z9 coilovers to AU and NZ. That means I got the Z9's for the cost of what I had thought the Z8's were going to cost me so I'm thrilled.

My order all up comes to 6,018.33 DKK (Denmark) which is about AUD$1,230. I had been reading up on the Z8's and Z9's and didn't read one word anywhere about this offer which is why I'm posting it here. If I'd known .... well actually I would have done exactly the same thing, just maybe quicker :-) If you're going to buy Z9's you're going to buy them anyway, but if you have flexibility in your timing now is good.

My rationale for buying the Z9's goes something like this. I have one of the rarest of things to be seen on an Alfa 156 (after a bullbar I guess) and that is a tow bar. I have a box trailer which I get a surprising amount of use out of and a couple of times a year we pack it to the gunnels with people and luggage (people in the car that is) and drive long distances over back-country roads which are usually sealed but sometimes not. Bottoming has been becoming an increasing problem as the standard rear springs give in to the beltings over the years. So part of my need is for a high riding and stiff setup for big loads, but I also want to start doing Supersprints in 2014 so the ability to lower the ride height is a big plus for me.

The Z8 which is height adjustable would have helped cover those two needs, but the damper adjustability of the Z9's means I can soften up the ride for day-to-day driving. I also like the idea of being able to stiffen up the shocks as well as raise the height for heavily loaded trips. The Z9's were by far the cheapest that I saw yet all the reports I have read were glowing about them.

So today I'm feeling like I'm a clever shopper :-). I'll report back after I've had them fitted and lived with them for a while to say whether their promise gets fulfilled, but from what I've read I am feeling fairly confident.

On a side note, I'm going to replace my upper and lower wishbones on the coming weekend (14th & 15th Dec). When I went to do this job the first time I had wished that before working on my own car I had seen someone else do it on theirs. So if you're in Canberra, thinking of replacing your own wishbones at some stage and want to see someone do it on their car, just let me know and come around. I'm in McKellar.

John Burkhart

Just following up two years down the track on my experience of the Z9's, and they have been pretty fantastic. The handling (which was already pretty good) was improved out of sight, and when tightened up, lowered and matched with new Bridgestone RE002s and later RE003s made the steering absolutely direct. You know how when you visit a go kart centre and when you get back in your road car it feels like a boat and you have to readjust, well with the new setup there was not much difference to the go kart steering. Just loved these coilovers.

Now I'm getting ready for the new TwinSpark Cup racing category so I'll have to pull them out and put in whatever the regulations say is permitted, but I'm sure I'd still get another few years of big smiles from corners out of the Z9's.