147 GTA hunt

Started by Alfa147gta, May 23, 2017, 12:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzbazz

Well, what makes a classic . . . . just remember, some of the worlds most god awful cars are now considered classics.

Those who have met me have heard my unique description of the driving experience of a well set up 147GTA -

"More fun than a barrel of drunk monkeys with a hand grenade with the pin pulled thrown in!!"

Take one for a spin up a tight twisty lush green mountain early in the morning . . . like in the hinterland of the sunshine coast, if your not smiling like an idiot at the end of the day you've obviously dead for a week.    ;)

I love Clarksons Top Gear review of the little beasty . . . you won't know wether to laugh or cry!   ;D

Bazil
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Alfa147gta

Still waiting on a reply from alfamisa and Craig_m67.....  put your "reputation" where you mouth is  ;D

kaleuclint

Never owned a GTA (drove past one for sale at side of road yesterday) but I certainly know the Saab 9-3 Viggen -- a 172kW FWD car that in some ways was the GTA's unrecognised competitor.  Admittedly heavier, less powerful, slower ... and seriously flawed.  Saab no longer being around might work for or against collectability. 

There are still plenty of FWD turbo hatches available.  Not so many V6s.  A nice GTA will be worth having, just don't expect it to be worth $$$s.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

toto4c

I actually just bought a 147GTA a couple of weeks ago and at the moment is getting the overhaul at the mechanic. I bought it as a daily with a bit of zing. I have started to see this car start to be grow in value to a few years ago. Most definite for one that has been well maintained and low Kms. For me it was about the v6 3.2lt. With emissions as they are now you won't find a batch with this type of engine ever again. The sound of this engine and torque curve will be one to muster over for years to come. I had my eye on one for a while, though couldn't find one with low k's, which in the end I found one with 66000km though the owner had neglected the car cutting corners on servicing, which I am rectifying now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfa147gta

What year is it? that's super low kms

toto4c

Quote from: Alfa147gta on November 30, 2017, 04:05:58 PM
What year is it? that's super low kms
2004 with Q2 diff and upgraded 330mm brakes

Craig_m67

Quote from: Alfa147gta on September 21, 2017, 09:48:39 AM
Still waiting on a reply from alfamisa and Craig_m67.....  put your "reputation" where you mouth is  ;D

I'm not sure I know what the fuck that even means.
My opinion has been provided
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Mick A

Quote from: Alfa147gta on May 23, 2017, 12:33:31 PM
Anyone looking for a 147 GTA future classic?

What are your thoughts on them and how rare of a car are they in Australia.

Just reminding you of your original post, you clearly asked for peoples opinions, then you've gotten a little aggressive towards other members when you didn't like the opinions given, which once again I want to remind you, that you specifically asked for.

If you think the car will be a future classic, go and buy one and put it away as an investment. Simple.
I know of a very good one for sale at the moment that will be under $10k. PM me if you want the owners contact.

"Something is only worth as much as someone else is willing to pay for it."

This saying couldn't be more true when you look at what 105 1750 Series 2's are going for these days.

Mick.

wantok

Based on the reported number of 147 GTA's manufactured at just over 4,000 that would qualify them as a "rare car"

In RHD the numbers would be even less, I believe that there were 400 sold in the UK during their production run so presumably there would have been less in Australia plus of course some sold in New Zealand, South Africa , Malaysia and Singapore.

As Baz says a properly set up GTA is definately an exciting and joyful car to drive.

Wantok

105greg

This is a great discussion .   I am now unfortunately over the 50s mark . I have owned     Many Alfa's.  Alfasud, 2x  105s , 2 x Gtv. 1 berlina. and Fiats.  128. X19.    124 sports and sedans.   Three race cars 131   124. 128. X19.      I have my 156 GTA for sale at the moment and I can honestly say until you have driven one you can't understand how good these cars are.  I have an immaculate Gtv 116 in my shed at the moment looking after for a friend,  I have been driving it and it just doesn't do it for me compared to my GTA.  As I said I have had many Alfa's and Fiats in my lifetime but I swear to god this is the best car I have ever had.  I call it the beast , the reason for that is the torque.   Trundle along at 60 km put your foot in at it goes.  Bloody awesome car.  When I first bought it I gave it to it on the on ramp to the highway I looked at the speedo in third doing 140km with 3 gears to go and thought   Shit that is my licence.    Anyway rambling now . These are just awesome cars and until you have driven one you won't understand. Cheers. .

bazzbazz

Quote from: wantok on December 01, 2017, 07:57:07 AM
As Baz says a properly set up GTA is definately an exciting and joyful car to drive.

So if you have one . . . .when do I get a go?   ;)
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

105greg

Quote from: bazzbazz on December 02, 2017, 12:43:04 AM

105greg

Bazz.      You.     Know.    You.  Have.   Had.   A.     Gooo

bazzbazz

I meant if Wantok had one.
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

wantok

Quote from: bazzbazz on December 02, 2017, 12:43:04 AM

IF it ever comes up for sale you can have first dibs Baz :)