Project "Judge" Race Car Build

Started by EVO 75, April 13, 2015, 07:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO 75

Hey guys ive started to get a little more time to work on the race car and its an ambitious/titanic build, if i must admit.

I will be posting updates when i can as time to work on the car is scarce once you become a parent.
I have made progress to which im so thrilled to be apart of.
finally finished the first stage of the custom tube lower arms to which my coil springs will sit on.
will post pics later.

next on the cards (waiting on hardware from the UK) will be custom upper control arm. This will make it so i can adjust.... wait for it....
The illusive camber that the 116 chassis lacks.

anyway this is the first post of many. update soon

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: EVO 75 on April 13, 2015, 07:07:54 PM
next on the cards (waiting on hardware from the UK) will be custom upper control arm. This will make it so i can adjust.... wait for it....

Eh?  How much camber are you planning to run?  I've never heard of anyone not being able to get enough camber in the front end, although you do sometimes need longer bolts to fit enough shims in...

EVO 75

It's not about being able to get enough camber. .. it's about being able to adjust on the fly with out having to dismantle the entire system to Change the geometry. 

Quote from: Jekyll and Hyde on April 13, 2015, 08:00:18 PM
Quote from: EVO 75 on April 13, 2015, 07:07:54 PM

Eh?  How much camber are you planning to run?  I've never heard of anyone not being able to get enough camber in the front end, although you do sometimes need longer bolts to fit enough shims in...
Why you ask. .... because race car!

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: EVO 75 on April 13, 2015, 08:03:46 PM
It's not about being able to get enough camber. .. it's about being able to adjust on the fly with out having to dismantle the entire system to Change the geometry. 

I can't visualise how you're going to set up your upper arm that its going to save a lot of time over loosening 2 bolts and sticking more shims in, but I'm interested to see what you come up with.  Especially since off the top of my head I can't see a way of doing any camber adjustment on an 116 front end without also affecting the toe setting, which in my personal opinion is far more critical than camber.  You're certainly far more motivated than I if you can be bothered aligning a front end at the track...

EVO 75

I will post some more pics of the upper control arms once they're done.

jazig.k

Interested to see the upper arms you come up with. A friend who used to make them for hot rods is keen to make a set with me while I have mine out [right now]. Adjustable camber and clearance for a decent coil over.

EVO 75

That's the whole reason I'm building them.  I'm using intrax ik2s so i needed to build new upper arms.