AROCA Winton - Alfa Romeo Racing In Car Video

Started by Mick A, March 30, 2015, 05:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giulia_veloce

The saying is,,,when the Flag drops= NO MATES.

For the interstate people,a 2 day event would be better.
I guess it all comes down to Money to host the event.
Winton is perfect.Maybe a driver training day on Sat with 3 Races on the short circuit,and a sprint on Sunday with 3 races on the long circuit.
As I mentioned before,,we did this in NSW for a 1 day event about 10 years ago,,and it was a success.
Was combined with a super sprint.You guys just call it a sprint.

Neil,,Last time I raced at QLD raceway Veloce east coast race.I started Back Of Grid and got a drive through for passing a dozen cars before the start finish line on a rolling start..Many thought it was funny,,,including me.
I just saw the green flag drop,,and off I went.

Keep the dream alive

Robert

tjb0274

Current:
1970/1990 Ricciardi-Alfa (track/occasional weekend car)
2003 147 GTA (daily driver)
1969 Lotus Europa (weekend toy)
2003 Peugeot 206gti (retired daily driver)

Past:
1971 1750 GTV
More Fiat 850s than I can count

Potsie

Mick,

Those videos are fantastic mate. I now wish I hadn't gone home early just 'cos the wife had things for me to do.

One thing I was thinking though (and I don't know if this is do-able, possible, or even allowable), with such tight racing it would be good if somehow you could mount an additional rear view mirror on your roll cage (maybe somewhere at the top of the picture as you have it framed in these videos) so that the camera (i.e. 'we') can also see whats going on behind. If doable, I reckon it could be placed so it doesn't affect your driving vision.  Just a thought.

I'm certain you remember exactly where the bloke was behind you when you watch the vid's back, but I was surprised as hell when that other white GTV shot passed you near the end of race 1. Amazing last corners ... great stuff.

Potsie
2010 159 2.4 JTDm - my daily driver
2014 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm - ex. wife's daily driver
e. alfamowing@gmail.com (for all your lawn mowing needs)

Mick A

Thanks mate,

Yeah I'll mount another GoPro pointing backwards for the next one in August for sure.

I'm not sure what you mean at the end of race one? Another white GTV? Were we watching the same video? haha :)

Mick

Mick A

Actually sorry I see what you meant.

Marcus' car looks white but it's blue, just the camera exposure being silly.

Neil Choi

Mick, set camera to EV -1.0, ie underexpose by -1.0 stop.

Potsie

Yep. My apologies to Marcus. I just had a squizz at Stuart Thompson's photos and his car is indeed blue. Nevertheless it was still friggn good racing. Re-watched all 4 races over my breakky. Pots.
2010 159 2.4 JTDm - my daily driver
2014 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm - ex. wife's daily driver
e. alfamowing@gmail.com (for all your lawn mowing needs)