Steel bumpers on my gtv6

Started by SteveGTV6, March 26, 2015, 10:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aggie57

Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Al Campbell

The original plastic ones used to warp & even when not warped the front ones weren't quite right around the inset indicators. Maybe the PO decided to do something about it.

Sand it back  to get some good keying, bog up the overlap joins and the rivet/bolt heads to smooth it out then paint it black and it might look good. Or just give it a quick couple of coats of cheap matt black without any prep work and see how it looks - maybe worth a try for a $20 spray can and a few hours work.

Although GP/Zender bumpers I think look the best & I thought there was someone around who had moulds.

jazig.k

Potential credit to someone on the Yarra Valley Chrome Bumpers page...

Corona RT104?

jazig.k

Corona mkII, orange clear lenses.

Evan Bottcher

Nice. I was thinking early Celica but that wasn't right. I probably wasn't far off...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

SteveGTV6

Spot on mate, looks exactly the same, saves me from pulling the bumper off and checking it out, but regardless it's coming off, in the meantime do you know anyone that does the gp umber here, also where can I see on the engine to find out if it's a 2.5 or a 3.0. Owner said he changed it over from a 75 but can't be bothered going back to him and finding out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jazig.k

It's a cast 2.5 or 3 behind the left side cam gear [left side if you're sitting in the driver seat, not looking at it...]. I think you need to take the belt covers off to see it though.