Fuel?

Started by Kulwinder, January 19, 2015, 09:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garibaldi

Actually they had only covered around 300,000 klms each but with that big bomb in the boot there was not much room for their gear. ??? These cars certainly were not renowned for their performance when new running on petrol so you can imagine how they went at 300,000 klms on gas. 

Beatle

But they all made it to 300,000kms didn't they?  I'm sure the company did the sums beforehand and calculated a saving over the life of the vehicles.

I've had a few LPG vehicles.  Nothing at all wrong with using the 'alternative' fuel, particularly while the Gov't was paying a rebate on the installation.   

Vapour LPG is also a cinch to 'tune' yourself.

When was the last time a vehicle LPG tank exploded?  The 'ticking time bomb' is a myth.  my 80 series Landcruiser was stolen and torched.  The cylinder head melted from the heat but the LPG tank still had paint on it and didn't explode.   The petrol tank however was split.......
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

Ray Pignataro

These cars certainly were not renowned for their performance when new running on petrol
geez i reckon Kevin Nesci would disagree withthat, did a lot of laps in the six hour a few years back

colcol

Back in the stone age when i was sprinting the 33 at MSCA events, they allowed cars to be powered by LPG, but not duel fuel, as one loudbang is more than enough, let alone two.
We could argue till the cows come home about the merits of LPG, i just can't see why you would put it in an Alfa Romeo.
But in Italy, they used to fit 33's with LPG, the Italians have got the LPG by the throat, their superior brass manufacturing and pump know how, the good high pressure cleaners have Italian pumps and valves in them, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

zippytheclown

we've just gone through the process of modding our wrx with twin scroll, bigger rails and injectors, haltech etc, mechanic told us that the with the haltech we could run a tune for e85, but would need to replace the already high cap aftermarket fuel pump with an even higher capacity fuel pump or it would be a waste of time. Evidently to use e85 and get the benefits for performance you need to run it at firemen's hose pressures and volume
'03 Holden Commy XYII Work Ute (Monday to Friday Car)
'04 147 GTA Sele (Saturday Car)
'07 Alfa GT V6 (Sunday Car)
'82 Alfasud 1.5 Sprint Veloce (Money Pit)

Beatle

Ok, to hijack this thread and get back on topic........

98 is going to be difficult to source in my area.  So I'll need to run 95 in my V6 GT.

Any problem with that?
Do I need to reset computer or just fill with 95 and drive?
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

Stuart Thomson

Just to drag this one back off topic...

http://www.alfaromeo.nl/nl/modellen/mito/motorisatie

Don't ask why I'm looking t the Alfa Romeo site in the Netherlands, but look at this too!!

http://www.alfaromeo.nl/nl/promoties/mito-junior

Cheers
Stu