WHERE DO I ADVERTISE MY 147 FOR SALE

Started by bendover, September 24, 2014, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bendover

WHERE DO I ADVERTISE MY CAR FOR SALE. NO IM NOT GIVING UP, IM TRYING TO BUY A 156.

colcol

Try Buy \ Swap and Sell section, why do you want to sell your car Bendy?, the 147 and 156 are nearly the same, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

bendover

Yes i know, but this is a JTS model with selespeed and my wife likes the seats.

poohbah

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

colcol

I also endorse poobah's comment on transmission choice, a manual JTS is a lot harder to find than a selespeed, but keep looking until you find one.
The airconditioner in the 156 is not as good as a 147, due to smaller dashboard vents and you can't fold the back seat down to carry large objects, such as what i have seen in a 147, a 40 inch flat screen TV, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

bendover

Thanks guys, i dint think of the back seats.

I suppose i will be keeping the lady in red.

Tell me guys, how do you know if one of the coil pack leads is damaged, without any visible signs.

Craig_m67

Quote from: colcol on September 24, 2014, 08:24:50 PM
I also endorse poobah's comment on transmission choice, a manual JTS is a lot harder to find than a selespeed, but keep looking until you find one.
The airconditioner in the 156 is not as good as a 147, due to smaller dashboard vents and you can't fold the back seat down to carry large objects, such as what i have seen in a 147, a 40 inch flat screen TV, Colin.

Get a Sportwagon, same seats that fold flat.

Ours was used as a daily for several years with two children under three. And, for those who say there's more room in the sedan - bollocks. I brought home four 3000x200x50mm H4 pine sleepers in her on Sunday with the boot closed. Yes, 3metre!
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Davidm1600

Yep I concur with Craig.  I have had my '03 manual Sportwagon now for nearly 7 years and apart from the usual JTS issues, it has been and still is a great car, so practical but still fun to drive.  I still enjoy looking at. The seats are excellent for long journeys, the Bose Hifi is fantastic and down here in Tassie I find the AC works perfectly well for our climate, even on the rarish hot days (over 30oC).

I saw a Youtube clip today where Hamster did a review on the Sportwagon (must have been around 2002) and he also agreed saying the Sportwagon was a better choice than the sedan.

I can get my Minimal Surfboard (7'6) in my car, it carries my skis easily, and has on other occasions carried a huge range of building materials, garden materials etc as required. 

I havn't tried sleeping in the back of my car, and I am 6'2 but I reckon I could if I needed to.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

colcol

Totally agree about wagons, they are a good choice, thought about getting one myself, but couldn't find a good low klms one, with a stick shift.
Poor airconditioner in the 156 is made worse by the larger area inside and glass area.
Has to be one of the top 2 best looking wagons in the world, 156 and 159.
Unless you have a girlfriend or wife, 156 hasn't got drink holders....
If the spark plug is wet, then the coil pack isn't firing, due to bad coil pack or faulty leads, or the spark plug will be a different color to the ones that are working