900 series at Spettacolo?

Started by DAMO1A, November 02, 2014, 06:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAMO1A

Hello All

Who is planning to go to Spettacolo?  I havent been for a few years but am thinking of giving the Sud a run down to Melbourne this year. 

Damian
2015 Giulietta QV TCT
1990 Alfa Spider Series 4

Barry Edmunds

Hi damo38
All indications are that "everyone" will be going to Spettacolo. Your presence along with your Sud would be welcome. If you really want to make a weekend of the visit you could always book in for the Spettacolo Dinner on the Saturday Night (check the club's website for details and booking but don't leave it too late). Shaping up to be a terrific Spettacolo weekend.

colcol

I will be making the big 20 kilometre trip down the road, with the good old 33, you can book a night at the Hotel that we are having the Spectacolo dinner and then walk up the road in the morning to Spectacolo.
See Alfa Club website, i think there is a special rate going for the night.
At the moment, the specilal guests, include 'ever revvin' Kevin Bartlett, [KB], who won the Sandown 500 in A Guilia Super with touring car legend Frank Gardiner and Australian open wheel star Alfredo Constanzo, who was also a handy Touring car driver.
Lets see how many Suds and Sprints and 33's we can get on the day, a rare Alfasud Station Wagon is also rumored to be making an appearance, bring your good boxer powered car along, no matter what condition, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Martinsifredi

If all goes well, both of my 33 16 V's will be on display in all their glory .
This will be my last specttacollo as I am moving overseas , yes my Alfas are coming with me
MartinSifredi
Classic and Modern
Concours Automobile Presentation
Ph 0425 735 814

ANG156

So where are u moving yourself and you cars to? Back to their homeland or somewhere else?

Thevak

I have a 33 to bring along for the fun day. It has a sequential gearbox!
1970 GT Junior 1300
2002 147
1988 33 1.7EI

colcol

I will defiantly checking out the sequential gearbox......unless its a special 1-2 two speed gearbox, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Thevak

Well truth be told, I was at Sandown on Sunday and synchro on 2nd had it and bent fork so no 4th.

That left me with star up in 1st, up into 3rd and up again for fifth. Better still up again to go back into 3rd.

Not much driver action in the cockpit but holding speed into the corners made it very interesting with 3 offs in 3 sessions. So an early exit for hom?

Anyone have a gearbox for a 33 1.7 or suggestions?
1970 GT Junior 1300
2002 147
1988 33 1.7EI

colcol

It sounds like brute force has overcome the selector forks, so you are over selecting 1st and 3rd and under selecting 2nd and 4th.
I would say that the selector forks have moved on the selector rods and so its pushing the selector ring easy into 1st and 3rd, but not pushing it into 2nd and 4th.
Drain the oil out of the gearbox sump and remove gearbox sump and loosen off 1st - 2nd and 3rd - 4th selector fork bolts and re centre them, it is quite a common problem on Suds and 33's.
The difference between the 1.5 and the 1.7 gearboxes is mostly the crown wheel and pinion, the 1.7 has more bolts holding the crownwheel on the differential flange.
Confirm that 5th - rev is still working ok, if not it could be a main selector finger problem.
Get yourself a workshop manual and read up on it and ignore all the warnings about how difficult they are to fix, Colin.