1750 Engine number

Started by Ash Gordon, September 27, 2008, 10:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash Gordon

Hi,

I recently sent an email off to archivioStorico@alfaromeo.com to see what additional info I could get on my 105.

Within hours I had a reply and the info I was looking for , albeit the email was addressed to "Mrs".  ;D LOL

Unfortunately the info was for a completely different model / vehicle as I had supplied incorrect Chassis number and now am unsure that the engine number is correct.

Where on the engine is the number stamped so I can double check?

Thanks again,

Ash
'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)

Gary Pearce

Ash, if your engine is the early type block with the canister oil filter (not the spin off ) then the engine number is on the right hand side or divers side of the block under intake no 2, just behind the fuel pump. Should start with a * then AR...........
Your chassis number is stamped on the firewall (not on the plate) and is the I.D. that Archivio Storico can search for you.
I don't think they are able to provide much help on engine number alone.
Their information is restriced to model, the build date, body and trim colour and the Dealer where it was delivered to.
Someone like Vin Sharp at PACE can give you an idea which model car your engine (number) was originally fitted to.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

Ash Gordon

Thanks Gary,

It is an early type block with the canister oil filter so will have a look again this afternoon. I have the engine number off the rego, AR00548.XXXXX  which I believe is correct for a 1750. I just want to check that they match..

The chassis number I now have from the firewall stamp, there is also a plate near the stamp 10545 , which I pressume is the model number??

Armed with the correct info hopefully I can get another reply that more closley resembles my car. White 1750 1969 105 coupe . below is the reply from Archivio Storico. strange it is correct year and all ??

"originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300 T.I. (105.XX), engine series AR 00XX (00548 is a 1750), manufactured on the 22nd October 1969 and sold on the 29th October 1969 in Assisi, Italy.  The body colour is musk green, with brown interiors. ""

thanks Ash

'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)