Don't go on holiday!!

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, January 09, 2008, 12:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

Or alternatively, get a bigger garage so Alfa doesn't have to be parked on street.

Just got back last night from a wonderful 2 week holiday in NZ to find this........Bloody Toorak drivers.

Brad M

Mate that is horrible. I ask although I suspect the answer will be 'No', Did they leave contact details??
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Fast Eddie

That's a disgrace and a big hit too!  No way the culprit could pretend they didnt know about that!

Any success in finding a culprit?
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Sheldon McIntosh

They left a note with a phone number which is going straight to voice mail.  Hmmm.  Apparently it was an older lady in a new car, so I'm hoping she was honest.  Living in Toorak I'm actually not surprised by all this.  The number of times I've nearly been hit at the Toorak supermarket carpark by reversing late-model European cars.  Most of which have reversing sensors!!

I'd actually made a point before I left of parking it in the spot I thought most unlikely to get hit.  Still don't know how anyone could have hit it where it was.

Suspension and steering seems okay, pending a road test tomorrow (need to buy some race tape first!).  I was a bit worried because it hit the car up onto the kerb and was left sitting like that since before New Year.  Other than that, damage doesn't look too bad, the clear plastic on the headlights may have saved them, luckily considering their scarcity.  Automatic spoiler might be buggered though, dammit.  Strangely, it seems to have loosened the exhaust manifold, smoke was poring out of the engine bay when I started it up.

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Phil Baskett on January 09, 2008, 05:41:08 PM
Bad luck mate.   :'(

hang on.....I remember saying to you last year that you don't need to fix the panel work on your racecar, it looks cool etc....

You don't have a green car do you?  And an old-lady wig? >:(

alfaparts