Squealing sound when clutch pressed 159 2.4 20v

Started by Nikola78, June 20, 2013, 10:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

Its a good sticker too!, Always thought that Martini was Italian, [because i confuse it with Martini the Italian drink maker], always learn things from the Forum, how did you go with the Dual Mass Flywheel?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Nikola78

Dmf still waiting in my garage due to other expenses at the moment (and the minor service wasnt cheap at all) Anyway, I thought not to change it straight away since the clutch is not worn yet and I dont think that dmf can cause a bigger issue except the noise (subwoofer in the boot helps so far :) so use this clutch for 10000km more if it doesnt get worse and ill change the full clutch set then.
Current
2017 Giulia Veloce
2002 156 2.5 Auto
2015 BMW 520

Past
2017 Giulietta Veloce
2004 156 2.5 Auto
2014 Giulietta Sportiva
2007 159 2.4D
2004 156 V6 Manual

Nikola78

Finally day has come for a flywheel(and possibly clutch set).159 left at the mechanic, gotta pick it up on monday.
Fingers crossed  :)
Current
2017 Giulia Veloce
2002 156 2.5 Auto
2015 BMW 520

Past
2017 Giulietta Veloce
2004 156 2.5 Auto
2014 Giulietta Sportiva
2007 159 2.4D
2004 156 V6 Manual

howe155

Quote from: Nikola78 on July 01, 2013, 08:14:50 PM
Hi AR75,
just got confirmation mail from Eb that it is a dual mass one and ive sent them back question on warranty.As I know they dont have it in stock here, someones car got stuck with open gearbox for a month at Maranelos until they received the DMF from overseas (poor guy).I think even I find it here it wont be under $1500, even with warranty Ill still have topay for opening again labour if something happens so dont think it will be less than $3000 I reckon. :'( Just wondering should I change the clutch too or not (changed approx 20000 km ago) >:(

Hi Nikola,

I am new to this forum and this reply may not benefit you (cause by now you should have your problem fixed) anyway go back to EBSpare experience that i have and would be good for me to share it here with fellow Alfisti. Here in Malaysia we have alot of folks dealt with EBSpare and are very comfortable with them (Kevin is the owner/manager i believe) but when it comes to warranty, usually buyer will be out of luck. i bought a set of upper and lower wishbone from them ended only the top is TRW and bottom is some refurbished look alike and when i wanted to claim the warranty... guess what? well it wasn't successful. couple of reason, first is you have to pay for shipping, they will reimburse only if their part sold to you is at fault. They will determine if its a faulty part or is an assembly problem or if its a user problem. i had lots of email back and forth Kevin and finally decided to suck it up and change a new set of TRW lower arm here in Malaysia. Ended up not saving money (EBSpare is very cheap) at all, not to mention all the hassle.

my advise is buy local and have them assemble and if anything goes wrong just go back to them for the fix and no finger pointing opportunity.
Past
MX3 V6 | 325CI | Accord LX | Civic LX | 155 TS 16V
Present
156 V6 Q | Toyota Wish MPV

Domenic

Just to add my 2 cents worth.....
Also be mindful that Alfa do sell Re-Conditioned Dual Mass Flywheel units. Some vendors might sell them as Brand New, even though they clearly have the Re-Conditioned part number on it. Even the dealers here have the Reco units. Brand new are over $2500, reco about $1800, so just clarify with them which one it. is.

So in Howe155 experience, that may have been the case it may not have been, but i just thought i would let everyone one know that it does happen. Same thing with their 105 brake master cylinders, we've been getting a lot of customers calling advising the cylinders they're buying out of the UK are failing within a 3 month period and buying the ones we have and they don't have any problems with them.

I'm in no way trying to blame other vendors, just so people by locally. I am just passing on information that i receive from people in the Alfa community and feel that we should pass it on to other club members as we are club supporters and feel that Alfa owners would appreciate it.

Cheers
Dom