Movember 2013

Started by mbakermarco, July 09, 2013, 09:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbakermarco

Hi guys

Like a lot of you, I've supported Movember over the last few years - for those who don't know, it's a November long charity initiative that raises money (by everyone growing an outrageous moustache) for prostate cancer, and as we are a predominately male membership comprised mainly of individuals that are of an age where they would be at risk, I thought it was a good fit.

Donations are all done via the Movember website, so it couldn't be simpler. No collecting money from people who forgot how generous they were feeling that day, etc.

I thought that it would be fun to launch an AROC Queensland (and beyond ?) team for this years challenge. I'll co-ordonate it all, and at this stage am simply looking for expressions of interest from those of you who are interested in taking part.

I'm going to promote this via my company website, www.MOtorfleet.com.au, and by any other means I can come up with too. I plan to try and engage some corporate sponsors as well - we'll have the team set up asap (we can't do this until September 1st) - but please put me in touch with any likely interested corporate parties, before then if possible. It's best to email me on my business email - markb@motorfleet.com.au

I've run all this past Brent Hampstead, who is going to let the committee know about it, so if everyone is agreeable, I'll crack on ! All suggestions welcome by the way.

Kind Regards
Mark Baker
0450 231500
Mark Baker
0400 792090
Current
GTV 3.0 24v / Giulietta 1.4T / Alfetta sedan racecar
Past.....
105 1750 GTV Racecar
3 x 916 2.0 TS GTV
Sprint 1500 prod racecar
33 1500 mod race car