Trofeo Sud for sale £27,995

Started by Evan Bottcher, June 05, 2013, 08:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Newby

Quote from: Sheldon McIntosh on June 07, 2013, 03:46:26 PM
It would probably qualify for Group C wouldn't it?  Or do they have to have actually competed in Group C contemporaneously to be eligible for historics?
I think to qualify for Group C you need an original Group C logbook (someone will correct me here).  Ray Gulson ran a Sud at Bathurst in Group C as we've discussed here before - that would be an interesting option if you could find the chassis and logbook.  The tail end of the Group C field at the Island this year looks like they were lapping 2.06-2.07, so I guess you'd find someone to play with.

Or just build up a Sud with no history, and beat the snot out of it in club sprints... speaking of which, I can't wait for next weekend!
[/quote]

The history of the Gulson green Sud is known.

The car was sold to Andrew Leithhead (ex AROCA NSW President and now President of the ARDC) and turned into a sports sedan, as one did in those days. I believe the colour was orange.

The car was rolled and written off I think in the late 80s. It was reshelled and kept the original (ex-Group C) logbook I believe and raced on.

It was then sold to well known Sydney Sud exponent Paul Murray, I believe as a rolling shell. I know that the trick Autodelta close ratio gearbox went to Phil Whalley and Paul may have used some of the other bits for his yellow (ex Geoge Piazza) Sud. I believe that he still has what is left of the shell and the Group C logbook, but the fact that it has been reshelled in its life and doesn't maintain its Group C origins means that it can't be resuscitated...
1974 2000 GT Veloce (Le Mans Blue) - Restoration project
1975 Alfetta GT (Periwinkle Blue Metallic) - Group S racer - Sold!
2009 147 Monza 3Dr (Kyalami Black) - Don't ask!
2010 VW Passat R36 Wagon (Biscay Blue) - Daily Driver
2015 VW Golf GTI Performance (Night Blue) - Wife's Runabout

Ricky Ricardo

I think it's a replica but very nice anyway and more preferable.