Newish Spider owner

Started by shaggy, April 02, 2013, 04:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaggy

I've been lurking on here for a while now, so time for an introduction. I've had a thing for 105 series cars since driving a mate's 1750 GTV and Berlina in the early 90s, and have been dead set on having a 105 at some stage.  I started out wanting a 1750 GTV, looked around on and off for a couple of years, and somehow ended up with a 1976 Spider in early January (it was David Bonsall's car prior to me)

The car is pretty good shape, it had been restored about 11 years ago and resprayed dark blue (the original colour was silver) and most of the interior has been redone in what appears to be a non-standard, but well done style (i've not see the same door trim etc on another spider). The body has been well sorted, a few rust spots here and there but nothing structural or serious. The engine and gearbox are showing signs of wear, 2nd and 3rd syncros need replacing and I'll do that shortly. The engine is fine, if a little tired, but nothing needed in a hurry. Other than driving and enjoying it, the only plans for it are to slowly put it back to original looks...a bare metal respray back to silver is a very long way off however!

I've done about 5000 ks since picking it up, a few weekend trips etc but mostly in and around the yarra valley. Loving it so far. I'm in the eastern suburbs, I've only seen a handful of other classic Alfas around so far, a Duetto in Warrandyte, a 116 GTV in Montrose and a couple of 105 GTVs out on Eltham Rd between Kangaroo Ground and Yarra Glen. I'm planning to get to some club events and drives as time permits...

Evan Bottcher

Welcome Shaggy!

When you buy an Alfa from a club member, the rules state that it will be referred to by its previous owner, as in 'you know that chap Shaggy, the one who owns David Bonsall's car?'. Until you sell it to someone else in the club, and then it's your car!

Nice car, I've coveted it several times! Welcome to the club, come along to an event soon and make sure to say hello.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

MD

Nice one shaggy-amazing how many people out there are called shaggy but you are a unique shaggy 'cause you drive a rag top legend.
Get really to grips with your machine and take a decent drive to Queensland for a Club meet.  :)
Love to see you both.
Happy days... ;D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

shaggy

Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm really happy with the car, David really looked after it. I was looking for something I can drive and slowly restore back to orginal, and this one fits the bill perfectly. Not sure if I'd paint silver again, I really like this colour. Although silver paint with a red interior has to be one of the best combos on any 105...

I've experienced this 'ownship model' before, I owned "Johnno's Mk2 RS200" many years ago...

I've got a lot family in QLD, so it might just make it up there at some stage

Brad M

Welcome, and nice seeing the car in person in the car park at work this morning.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

shaggy

Quote from: Brad M on April 18, 2013, 09:14:55 AM
Welcome, and nice seeing the car in person in the car park at work this morning.

Nice, I drive it work once or twice a week while the weather is ok.  I've seen a Black 147 GTA in the car park, is that you?

Brad M

Guilty, of avoiding public transport as much as possible :)
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067