The VicRoads Club Permit Scheme (CPS) allows members of AROCA to make limited use of historic vehicles on the road network. The club has appointed two Members as administrators for the scheme and they will process club permit applications and renewals.
A Road Worthy Certificate is required for all new applications to VicRoads.
Members now need to provide us with the following before we can sign-off on a Club Permit Application Form.
- The new Club Permit Application form (original to be supplied to the club).
- The Vehicle Eligibility form (original to be supplied to the club)
- A copy of a valid Road Worthy Certificate (the original is not required)
- Dated photographs of the vehicle, this will include, Front, Driver’s side, Rear and Driving position (driver’s side with driver’s door open).
The club permit application form and vehicle eligibility form must be downloaded from the VicRoads website – click here for the page.
NB: Due to a significant volume of queries, we can no longer provide assistance over the telephone.
Email correspondence to: email@example.com
(max 7 day turnaround)
Paper correspondence to: CPS Applications, PO Box 7076, Banyule VIC. 3084
(max 14 day turnaround)
VicRoads will only process paper forms with original signatures – therefore we cannot process applications or renewal forms electronically by email. Please follow the instructions below to send the original forms with a stamped return envelope.
A Roadworthy Certificate can be obtained from any VicRoads Licenced Roadworthy Tester.
To access the VicRoads list of RWC Testers Click Here.
New Permit Applications
VicRoads requires that the AROCA authorised signature is entered on the permit application notice. Therefore, your CPS application, including RWC, should be sent to:
CPS Applications, PO Box 7076, Banyule VIC. 3084
Enclose a stamped, self-addressed, envelope for return of the documents to you when signed.
At the time of application you must also send digital photos as per the VicRoads requirements to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On receipt of your new CPS plates please notify AROCA of your new registration number via email email@example.com.
VicRoads requires that the AROCA authorized signature is entered on the permit renewal notice. Therefore, your CPS renewal should be sent to CPS Applications, PO Box 7076, Banyule VIC. 3084. Enclose with it a stamped, self-addressed envelope for return of the documents to you.
If you want the CPS officer to send your renewal to Vic Roads, then enclose a stamped envelope, addressed to VicRoads, along with payment (cheque, money order) for the Vic Roads fee. The form will be signed on behalf of AROCA and then forwarded to VicRoads. The form also requires your signature, so be sure to sign it as the permit holder as well.
Online Permit Renewals
- Go to the Vic Roads website and open an account;
- Your account will automatically pick up any fully registered vehicles in your name, but it will not pick up the club plated vehicles;
- Manually add your club plated vehicle to your account.
It usually takes Vic Roads 24 hours to add it to your account;
- Once your club plated vehicle is added to your account, email a copy of the club plate renewal form to firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- The CPS Officer will them email you a completed and signed Club Endorsement Form, provided you are a financial member of the Club;
- Once you have the signed Club Endorsement Form, log into your Vic Roads account and next to the club plated registration there should be a “Pay” button.
Click on “Pay”, you will then be asked to upload the Club Endorsement Form;
- You can then pay your club registration by following the instructions.
If you allow your AROCA membership to lapse, you will then be driving an unregistered vehicle.
AROCA is required to notify VicRoads of any AROCA member using a club permit who becomes un-financial. If you have a club permit it is important that you pay your membership fees or your vehicle will be deemed unregistered and illegal to operate on the road.
It is also a requirement of the scheme that AROCA notifies VicRoads of any misuse of CPS log books and/or CPS registered vehicles.