939 Series Register
939 Spider, Brera coupe & 159 sedan
Introduced at the 2005 Geneva Motor Show as a replacement for the 156, the Alfa Romeo 159 (Type 939) is a compact executive car produced by Alfa Romeo between 2005 and 2011.
The ARPCA Vic 939 Register is dedicated to the sharing our passion and technical information related to the model.
The register included:
- 159 Sedan & Sportwagon with several levels of trim
- Brera (coupe)
The Alfa Romeo Brera (Tipo 939) is a 2+2 sports coupe manufactured between 2005-2010. The widely-acclaimed Giorgetto Giugiaro design, first appeared as a concept car in 2002. Production cars were built by Pininfarina.
The Alfa Romeo Spider (Tipo 939) was another open-topped, two-seater car, bearing the Spider name. The 939 Spider was launched in 2006 and is based on the same mechanical components as the Brera coupe and the 159 saloon.
The 939 series was offered with the following engine options:
- 2.2l JTS (4 cylinder naturally aspirated petrol)
- 3.2l JTS Q4 (permanent all wheel drive) with naturally aspirated petrol V6
- 1.9l JTDm 4 cylinder turbo diesel – sedan only
- 2.4l JTD 5 cylinder turbo diesel – sedan only
- 1.7l TBi 4 cylinder turbo petrol (the 4C engine)