Photos from Winton December 2nd 2012

Started by Miss Alfa Sprint, December 03, 2012, 12:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightyear

Mick, your car differs from mine in the speed around the sweeper and into the right kink all the way to the braking zone. The rest of the track is not so much different. Maybe the Esses and braking zone into the esses are slower. I think you should get a wing, but make sure it is a wing that works. Go onto brendans video channel if you want to see my lap from September when I did a 1:38.0014. You can see that with a wing there is a huge difference in how late you can brake, as well as maintain a higher speed thru corners. Would be good to get some more cars under 1:40.

Paul Gulliver

Bump ,

Most of the alfa sprinters have probably met Brendan Beavis  ( MX5) at AROCA sprints. But if you haven't  he has a large library of youtube clips that are well worth watching . Here's the link to the stuff Dave was talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40UoyIHxpsQ&feature=em-subs_digest

There is also links to  another 130 odd clips to have a look at.

However, just my 2 bobs worth. An aero package on an Alfa might do you some good at Philip Island or Sandown , but at Winton where you don't ever get into top gear i think its got a a lot more to do with a V6 Alfa  ( Standard Specs not Micks car) coming in at circa 1210 kg and an MX5 at 980 kgs
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

lightyear

I have not really looked at the alfa for aero, so not sure how effective a wing would be compared to an mx5. But on my car it works noticeably from as little as 80km/h, so you don't need as much speed as most people think. I made my own carbon fibre fastback to allow the wing to work properly. Much harder to do on a non convertible car... My car weighs 955kg without driver. It has full interior to suit the class I run in.

Sheldon McIntosh

Mick is now famous in the USA.    http://automobiliac.squarespace.com/automobiliac/2012/12/16/video-of-the-week-how-to-drive-the-pants-off-a-gtv6.html

This is a website I check occasionally, and it's pretty good.  The author owns a GTV6 and a Ferrari Dino.

Mick A

what a great website! lots of GTV stuff.