Spettacolo 2012 - interstate visitors welcome

Started by John Hanslow, August 02, 2012, 07:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hanslow

Sunday 18th November at Como Park North Reserve

Just a quick note to update all AROCA interstate Club members and friends who would like to participate in the Victorian annual Spettacolo Concorso and Wash'n Shine.  Following the success over previous years, we expect to have a field full of Alfa Romeo vehicles on display in addition to various promotions and sponsor participation.

With over 20 separate Show'n Shine Awards available, we anticipate a variety of cars displayed ranging from vintage to current models.   Previously the record was 280 plus (includes visitors) so lets make this year bigger and better than ever.

This year is also the 50th Anniversary of the introduction of Giulia 105 series cars in addition to the 2600 Series.  We will have a showcase of member cars to celebrate this event.

A 'Bertone Walk through the History' highlighting the development of Alfa Romeo and Bertone design over the last 100 years is also being planned.

Note that Spettacolo 2012 will be held at the old location.  Como Park Reserve is one of Melbourne's most scenic locations on the banks of the Yarra River.

Spettacolo Location:
Como Park North, Alexandra Avenue, South Yarra.
Melways Map 58 G1and G2.

We also look forward to holding our Spettacolo Dinner. This will be a chance to welcome our regional & interstate guests, interested AROCA members, event judges and event organizers.  This will be held on the Saturday night at the Rising Sun Hotel prior to Spettacolo.  

On behalf of AROCA (Vic Div) we welcome club members and friends who would like to display their vehicles with us on the day.  If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me direct on 0409-961-719.

Regards
John Hanslow
Register Coordinator
AROCA (Vic Div) Inc.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

John Hanslow

I have had  some very positive feedback so far.

I expect some AROCA members , cars and family to be attending.  So far we have a few coming from Tasmania, Canberra and Sydney.

If you do now someone who would like to attend - and if they have a car to enter into Spettacolo, get them to give me a call on 0409-961-719.

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

myGTtoy

Hi John,

Just a quick note to advise you of my intention to drive my GT from Newcastle to Melbourne via Bathurst to attend the Spettacolo (weather dependent) then home via the Snowies, Cooma etc.

She's not good enough to formally display as of yet but that will change by next year so I look forward to meeting al of the Alfisti in a week or so's time to have a chin wag, drink some great coffee and enjoy the spectacle that is Spettacolo.

Regards,
Andrew

John Hanslow

Look forward to meeting you and checking out the car.

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata