2012 Winton 6 Hour Relay

Started by Evan Bottcher, October 15, 2012, 09:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Thought I'd start the ball rolling with a few photos...

Great event, beautiful weather, organised more slick than ever.  Thanks to all organisers, officials, volunteers.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Evan Bottcher

Twelve safety car periods!  I copped three of them!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

What a brilliant day out though.  I was so exhausted today at work I couldn't see straight.  Happy though.

P.S. Photos were courtesy of my Fiona.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Fi also took a couple of short videos of the car circulating.  For those who've never been up to see the 6-hour, the traffic with 42 cars on the track together is amazing - all different makes and models, speeds and driving capabilities.  You have to pick your way through the traffic, and allow the faster cars through safely while trying to maintain your constant lap time.  Very challenging and fun.

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Victor Lee

Some pics from Sunday morning.

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

tjb0274

I had a very educational weekend - more problems with the car than in all the sprints I've attended combined...

Big thankyou to all the Alfisti who helped me out, especially to Mick Aarons, who spent a lot of time working on the car, and to Steve Aarons who kindly trailered the Ricciardi home for me.

Here's Mick working on the car - perhaps not his best angle...

Current:
1970/1990 Ricciardi-Alfa (track/occasional weekend car)
2003 147 GTA (daily driver)
1969 Lotus Europa (weekend toy)
2003 Peugeot 206gti (retired daily driver)

Past:
1971 1750 GTV
More Fiat 850s than I can count

tjb0274

A few more random photos taken around the paddock...

Current:
1970/1990 Ricciardi-Alfa (track/occasional weekend car)
2003 147 GTA (daily driver)
1969 Lotus Europa (weekend toy)
2003 Peugeot 206gti (retired daily driver)

Past:
1971 1750 GTV
More Fiat 850s than I can count

Mat Francis

Great stuff everyone  :)

Behold! Proof that the 82.5 does actually run! Apologies for the rubbish quality, camera was an afterthought that I pinched out of the work car last minute. You get the idea though, and it still sounds good! Couple of laps from practice on Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0VdmnFkOWo&feature=plcp
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Mick A

Quote from: tjb0274 on October 16, 2012, 02:03:59 PM
I had a very educational weekend - more problems with the car than in all the sprints I've attended combined...

Big thankyou to all the Alfisti who helped me out, especially to Mick Aarons, who spent a lot of time working on the car, and to Steve Aarons who kindly trailered the Ricciardi home for me.

Here's Mick working on the car - perhaps not his best angle...

It was as comfortable as it looks I assure you!

aggie57

Special thanks to all the flaggies, race safe, pitlane, check-in, Scrutineering, catering, safety car, and my fellow race control officials who made it all run so smoothly on the weekend. And of course to the drivers and team members who participated with the right balance of fun and focus.

Alister (just a clerk, of course....)
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

bix

Great weekend! Thanks to AROCA for putting on a splendid event!

Mick A

I wouldn't exactly call this "fine driving"....

Thought for a second it was the drifting day not the 6 hour.

Neil Choi

Tony Shaw from the Bolwell Car Club took some pictures.

Here they are.

www.classiccarphotography.com.au

Enjoy.

=====================
His note:

Photos are vaguely organised by teams and I have tried to include at least one photo of every competitor, even if a car is shared.  Of course it doesn't always work out that way and I can't guarantee photos of absolutely everyone!  Photos of multiple teams from the one club are not necessarily grouped together, so please enjoy a general view of the images as you search through.

As always, I am happy to provide any photos to clubs for use in their newsletters etc, so if there are any there that catch your fancy please let me know and I'll arrange to email through appropriate images.  It would help if you also specified the preferred file sizes etc.  Acknowledgement of the source of any photos used in newsletters etc would of course be appreciated.

I can't help but say, of course, that all images are available for purchase as photographic prints or digital download from the website, so if anyone feels like promoting my website to their fellow club members that would be fantastic!

Best regards,

Tony Shaw
Classic Car Photography
www.classiccarphotography.com.au

(Bolwell Car Club delegate to the MSCA)

hammer

It may not be fine driving Mick but it's good to watch. More of it thanks mate.

Victor Lee

Hey Brent,  think about bringing some of the Queenslanders to the Six Hour in 2013!  Then you can see Mick's driving in person!  ;D ;D
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb