Picked up my Giulietta QV today! (test drove it a few weeks back)

Started by KeepItLow, October 13, 2012, 10:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeepItLow

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking to buy a Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV, so after lunch today I went to look at one and gave it a test drive.

The car is very comfortable and quite on the road, first thing I notice was how light and shallow the clutch was.

Just got some concerns with the build quality of these, cos the car I test drove had its brake pedal fallen off  :o and stitching on the shift boot was opening up  ???.
Other than that, the car drives smooth and gearchanges are pretty much effortless.

I'm looking for one without sunroof, either standard seats or leather seats is fine. Can someone please tell me what's a good price to buy one of these at and what to look out for? I'm in Sydney btw. Appreciate all your opinions!  ;)
Current: 2012 Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV , 2010 Mitsubishi Evolution X GSR
Previous: 2009 Mini Cooper S Chilli , 2004 Honda Civic Type R EP3 , 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX

ANG156

The giulietta is a really well built car. Don't know how the brake pedal could be falling off? A similiar thing happened to me in my sisters vw polo when the clutch pedal came off. As for the stitching opening up I think your being too picky for a car that is being used as a test mule for potential buyers.

Others may provide advice on the car our you could try ausalfa.com for other reviews by sydneysiders in the know

Joe Garra

We've had ours for almost a year and are very happy. My wife usually drives it. As for the clutch, I have embarrassingly stalled it a few times after hopping in it from my daily the 164Q. I always put it in D when I drive it, as I enjoy it more and it doesn't prompt you to change gears.
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

KeepItLow

Thanks for the reply guys,

The giulietta feels really refined and quiet to drive, it was comfy even on crappy sydney roads..

Currently trying to sell my 09 mini cooper s then mostly like will get one of these!  :D
Previous: 2009 Mini Cooper S Chilli , 2004 Honda Civic Type R EP3 , 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX

KeepItLow

Picked up my new Giulietta QV today, its in anthracite grey colour which I thought was quite unique..

Very happy with the car so far, just need to get use to the clutch pedal and everything! :)

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

colcol

How do you find the pedal layout?, i sat in one about a year ago, and there was no footrest or room for your foot, next to the clutch pedal, great looking car though, all the little styling tricks make it a sexy looking car, one that stands out from the hatchback crowd, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

KeepItLow

Sorry for the late reply guys, being at ausalfa.com more lately...

Colcol, at first I thought the brake and accelerator was too close.. now I'm used to it so its ok! :)
As for the footrest, I don't really need it.. I have a stange habit, I like to rest my left foot flat infront of the clutch pedal so I never use the footrest in any of cars  :P

Have had the car for 3 weeks now and totally loving it.. always get ppl looking and admiring the styling of the car!  ;)

Here's some pics! :)

KeepItLow

Also changed my main light to Philips Diamond Vision.. just so it matches the color of the DRL! :)

Victor Lee

Nice colour combo!   It really hightlights the 5 silver "spokes" on the rims quite nicely.

For the lights: we've done the reverse on our 159:  I've put in white LED's in place of the normal park globes to match the xenons main beam to give the front the all white look.

Enjoy the car!
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

KeepItLow

definitely looks better to have matching colour of parkers and main beam!  ;D

colcol

As for the pedal layout, the brake being close to the accelerator pedal is good for heel-toe, not really needed in new Alfa Romeo's with the strong synchromesh, but a good habit none the less to extend the life of the synchromesh, but no dead pedal, what is this, a 1980 Toyota Corona or a Alfa Romeo, when you start to drive in briskly on a early Sunday drive, you will not be able to support yourself, and you will be hanging onto the wheel, instead of supporting yourself by bracing your foot, and when not changing gears, instead of resting your foot on the dead pedal, it will be hovering around the clutch and it will most likely cramp, is the new Giulietta  the first Alfa not to have a foot rest?, 33's and Suds had very narrow ones, that did the job, ......thats why motor racing teams spend a lot of time and money getting the drivers comfortable with pedals and footrests, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

KeepItLow

Have to agree the close pedal is good for most ppl, though having a size 10 foot I can easily heel toe in any car :) have being a nature habit to me since I started driving manual car.. especially in my Evo you really need to heel toe or rev match downshifts, if not its quite rough :P

Well I'm not that fussed about the footrest, even with my left foot flat on the ground its quite steady during spirited driving.. lol maybe its just me!

alfa 156 TI

Quote from: KeepItLow on November 20, 2012, 11:36:39 PM
Sorry for the late reply guys, being at ausalfa.com more lately...

Colcol, at first I thought the brake and accelerator was too close.. now I'm used to it so its ok! :)
As for the footrest, I don't really need it.. I have a stange habit, I like to rest my left foot flat infront of the clutch pedal so I never use the footrest in any of cars  :P

Have had the car for 3 weeks now and totally loving it.. always get ppl looking and admiring the styling of the car!  ;)

Here's some pics! :)

Love this color, Ihave the Alfa red QV which I wasn't sure of at first but love it now. Have had QV for 2 years now and love it. Only problem is the shaking mirror and the gear knob falling off.