Any ideas as to what car do these lights fit ?

Started by pancho, October 12, 2012, 01:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancho

I recently received these interior lights - they look something similar to the GTA interior lights - but they have no switch.

I'm scratching my head - is it a 105 series or much earlier series light 102 series? Same lens as 105 series, same housing - no switch or grab handle.

vin sharp

Quote from: pancho on October 12, 2012, 01:10:19 PM
I recently received these interior lights - they look something similar to the GTA interior lights - but they have no switch.

I'm scratching my head - is it a 105 series or much earlier series light 102 series? Same lens as 105 series, same housing - no switch or grab handle.

GTC of course, obviously they don't put a grab handle on it or it would pull out of the soft-top....... ;D

Davidm1600

This is possibly going to sound really dumb, but these type of lights are normally found in GTV/super and berlinas but with the on/off switch coupled with rear grab handles and mounted in the ceiling above the b pillar of sedans and the rear of gtvs, as we all know. My point being that GTC's obviously don't have a hard roof, only a soft top. So how would they have been mounted/wired up. Am I missing something, for I would have thought neither the GTC or spiders could have had such lights. If correct?? It leaves the question begging.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

ItalCarGuy

GT parts manual shows a light without a grab handle as an option but it has a switch on the side...

pancho

So therefore it was darkness at night inside the GTC (apart from the dash gauges) - unless there was a spider style rear vision mirror. Garry would know the answer - but I cannot find reference to any roof mounted light in the GTC spare parts book. The closest is the GTA with a switch.

Perhaps it's from a 101/102 series car?

Davidm1600

Mind you if you had a GTC, and were out at night, perhaps the illumination of the instruments would have been sufficient as you swooned that gorgeous woman in the passengers seat. Hence no more need for lighting :) might be time to check the books and/ or consult those 101/102 sages over on the BB.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Gary Pearce

Sorry....no interior lights ever in the GTC. Just the little hella under dash light. Not even door pillar switches.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Davidm1600

This an intriguing question, so discounting vin's deviousness, I went through all the various books  I have. My thinking being could they be from say a giulietta sedan or coupe. I am not going to conclusively say no, and perhaps someone else can chip in. But from the pics I have, and most don't show this part of the car well, I don't think it is from these models. Derek I don't suppose it could be from a early Giulia Ti sedan? Or did all 105s have same setup, apart from the GTC? Could they be from a 2600 coupe/sedan ?
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

ItalCarGuy

Giulia Ti is the same as the Super. Here is a page from one of my Giulietta manuals. Looks like it uses the same light coloured handles as the Giulia Super/Ti for the Giulietta Ti and Berlina without the switch on the light assembly.

pancho

The early grab handles look almost identical but the early ones are much heavier and the grab handle is about 20% wider. Proof to come later today.

pancho

Below are the two types that I have come across. The top one I believe is the early type - these are darn heavy. And then the later type - note the handle differences - wieght difference I have not got handy - I'll check tonight.