Good / Reliable - lfa mechanics brisbane

Started by abhi900, October 08, 2012, 12:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abhi900

Hi guys,

I have moved from Melbourne to brisbane... with me came my 156 Monza as well.

I wanted to know good and reliable(does this imply a bit cheap as well ;-) ) in brisbane area.

I live in CBD (spring Hill) and fairly new to the region so please advise me of mechanics which are not very very far off.

I used to get my car serviced from ALFA ALFA repairs in bayswater , Victoria. (hugh the owner - used to really do a good work and was quite resonable as well)

So please advise guys.

thanks
Abhi

ItalCarGuy

Cameron at Automotion in Albion well regarded, is a club sponsor and knows these cars well. http://www.automotion.com.au/
Probably the closest to you by a fair way other than Euromarque the Alfa Dealership in the Valley which have a different service cost system...

abhi900

Thanx Derek,

Yea definitely not going to a dealership - they charge you premium bubbly price even for a tap water.

I did found out abt automotion.. - they service ferraris / maseratis etc etc.. so thought they would be reallly pricey...

correct me if wrng in terms of thinking that they would be a bit reasonable.

regards
abhi

ItalCarGuy

Give them a buzz. Don't let the Ferarri/Maser thing scare you off. That is probably just because they are competent mechanics. They are straight up guys that won't rip you off. I think my brother has his '79 Alfa going there next week for some work.

L4OMEO

Hi abhi

Don't be put off by the exotica at Automotion, their rates are very reasonable. Also, because they know what their doing less time is wasted on head scratching so they clock up fewer chargeable hours. They'd get my recommendation for this side of town certainly.

Cheers
Rory
2002 156 GTA

abhi900

Thanks all...

I did get in touch with them.. to get a service done but the only times I could go in will be in Nov.

So got another recommendation to goto Alfamotive engineering in Moorooka.. So going in next Tues for a service.

Cheers
Abhi

Andiroid

Yeah, Automotion are great, but not a secret anymore. Have long waiting periods for service appointments. Annoying but they know their stuff and do great work so that is why they are busy. Get my 33 and 147 serviced there. Cameron in ace.

Be nice and close to you as well.
2013 Giulietta Distinctive Sportiva, 2004 147 Twin Spark 3dr

WilsonAlfa156

I go to Combined Automotive in Milton.
The guy there is straight up front, will find ways to reduce your costs, and was always honest and helpful and very competitively priced (at least in my experience with them)
I recommend them, as I took my car to someone else recently for some major mechanical work (only because it broke down out of towing range of Combined Automotive)
The new lot charged like a wounded bull, and scratched the side of the car on something or other, and also the car left with one of the rear window actuators not working (even tho it worked when I arrived with the car)

Combined did the rest of the work the other lot had quoted me, and for hundreds of dollars less.
Well worth trying them out

frankfassi

I used Alfamotive Morooka initially cause there were close to work. These guys have a lot of experience and have excellent rates. I always go back to them now and once the helped me for free within minutes asking for help.
I also had my car fixed under warranty by Alfa in Brisbane City and they had a superb service. But Alfa dealers can be expensive when you go in for the regular service. e.g Alfa Gold Coast were asking for 800 bucks for the 30k service while Alfamotive charged me 300 odd dolars and most of the money went against the spark plugs. To summ it up. Alfamotive highly recommended and any warranty go to Alfa in the CBD.

Overalfa

I also give a thumbs up to automation, the guys there are friendly, reasonable with price and will do what they can to help u out. I tried the main dealer and found it cold and expensive.

BBRT

Guys,

Remember that Automotion is now at Pickering St in Enoggera. Still worth the trip.

Near the CBD is John French at Woolloongabba and Superior Auto at Breakfast Creek.

Cheers

Craig_m67

I live in Woolloongabba .. and prefer to travel Automation in Enoggera.  They just installed new B6 dampers all round, couldn't be happier with the service (or results) :)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Misfit

Hi everyone new to the Alfa Romeo site , just looking to find out is there any good Alfa Romeo mechanics in the Northlakes area of  Brisbane my girl friend has a Giulietta and she goes back to were she bought the car but typical dealers charge like a wounded bull , so just looking for a mechanic in the around area of Northlakes who works on European cars ,thanks in advance for your replies.

Misfit 8) 8) 8)

colcol

If it is a new Guilietta, with warranty, make sure its an accrediated workshop with qualified service personal and they use genuine Alfa Romeo approved parts, other wise you may void your warranty, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Misfit

Thanks colcol that's what I want to do with the independent mechanic as we all know the dealers rip you off so still looking for a good Alfa mechanic north side of Brisbane if any body knows of one to recommend.