Overheating issues with alpha romeos

Started by Inluvwithalpha, October 23, 2012, 09:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inluvwithalpha

Hello! I am wanting to buy a alpha Romeo but was told that the cars are not suitable to Australia's hot summers. Is this true? Does anyone have a alpha Romeo 156 that is fine during summer etc?

colcol

I have a 156 JTS ALFA ROMEO, and one of the things i looked at when i test drove it was overheating and rubbish airconditioner, i waited to a hot day, and drove it in traffic, [it was 38c at 10am], it didn't even look like getting too hot, and even though the aircon is not as good as say a MiTo or 147, it still managed to keep me cool, i drive it in traffic during the summer, had it for nearly 4 years, never played up once,..... unlike my 33!, but thats an Alfa from another era, if your 156 overheats, then there is something wrong with it, look for stuck thermostat, dirty or wrong coolant, low coolant, thermofan troubles or leak from cooling system, the modern Alfa 156 copes with heat perfectly, consumers won't cop stalling and boiling in the traffic any more, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Inluvwithalpha

Thanks Colin ! I haven't bought one as yet but am seriously thinking about one for sure. Need to sell my car first then ill be buying one for sure :)

colcol

Series 2 2002-2004, series 3 2004-2005, have better aircon due to bigger centre vents, also have duel climate control, but that doesn't make better aircon, all have same radiator, drive one on a stinking hot day, and see if aircon is good enough for you, drive it on a 20c day, and the aircon will seem good, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Darryl

You might want to change the spelling of your handle in case your new mistress gets a bit hot under the collar about you getting her name wrong....  :D