Alfa swap meets

Started by DomenicC1, October 03, 2012, 10:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DomenicC1

Hi everyone...I'm a fairly new member but a long time visitor to this site from time to time. I was curious if there are ever any Alfa swap meets in Adelaide? If there is I would certainly attend and also have a number of Alfa 75 parts I want to sell to fund my new project but have never heard of any. I've also noticed that the Adelaide forum isn't as active as the other states...why is that? Are there not many Alfista's in Adelaide...Cheers Domenic
Current: 83 Alfetta GTV 2.0 (Red)

Past: 82 Alfetta GTV 2.0 (Red)
      : 87 Alfa 75 V6 2.5 (Silver)

Storm_X

I have never heard of a swap meet before. But if you visit the Alfa SA web site there is a classifieds section.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

DomenicC1

Hi Storm...I have checked it out, not much on there though. I'm getting ready to put some of my stuff on there & post it within the forum. I've never heard of swap meet either...could you imagine all the treasure that would come to surface out of everyones garages that they've just simply fogotten about!

colcol

We were going to have a boot sale at last years Spectaccollo in Victoria, until the weather went all wrong, and i don't think anyone turned up, due to the fear of getting blown away, this year back to the refurbished Como Park in about 7 weeks, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

DomenicC1

Hi Colin...that's in Victoria, isn't it? Need to fire up the Adelaidians a bit and get something happening over here. Boot sale is a much better term for it!

Cool Jesus

Hah, i was only talking about running these with a club member just the other day :D
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

DomenicC1

I'm surprised no one ever does them as I'm sure there would be an abundance of crap...ahh I mean gold sitting around in any Alfista's garage that they want to get rid of but just can't be bothered with the hassle of it all. I found a bunch of stuff the other day from my 75 which I forgot I even had and don't need anymore! Gee...I miss that V6 purrrr  ;)

gtv19

Gooday all, I will  take your suggestion to the AROCA SA Committee meeting this Wednesday night. The Committee is always looking for ways to increase the interest in Club activities and there may be an opportunity for something like this.
In any case come along to a Club meeting introduce yourself and at the end of each meeting we always offer a buy/sell/swap opportunity. Alternatively you are welcome to advertise in our Club magazine, free for members small fee for non members.
Storm X see you often here when are you joining the Club, all are welcome?

Cheers, Laurie AROCA SA Secretary
current,
alfa 3.2gt (q2)
159 2.4 Diesel Ti sportwagon
147 twinspark manual
past

105 spider (modified)
alfetta gtv twin spark
156 Ti selespeed x2
1.8gt`s 3 of
Alfetta sedan (sprint car)
105 series spiders(2)

BradGTV

would be pretty handy having somthing that people could get rid of good parts that they dont need, without having the hassles of advertising, these days if its not of any real importnace i just throw it out, a shame since im sure others would need some bits!
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

DomenicC1

Hi Laurie...that would be great if you could do that! Could be a great way to create some enthusiasm and interest within the club and the Alfa fans within Adelaide.
Brad...I agree, I have heard of so many Alfa owners throwing rare parts away because they can't be bothered dealing with the headaches of advertising their parts which is a real shame, as we all know some of these parts are hard to come by.

Keep us posted Laurie. When is the next club meeting?

DomenicC1

Ok, found it on the website! Next club meeting is THURS 1 NOVEMBER 8pm and assuming at the usual location of the Sporting Car Club of SA located at 51 King William Road, Unley...so who is going?
I will probably attend as I don't know anyone and might be a good opportunity to meet other Alfa enthusiasts.

Storm_X

Would it interest anyone in doing a dyno day ? I went to a SA Supra dyno day with a BBQ breakfast and lunch, and it was great. There was alot of different cars on the dyno on the day, I spoke to a few people there I had never met before, and also I met a guy there in a Alfa 33 and he was apart of the SA Alfa Romeo club.

Storm_X

Quote from: gtv19 on October 06, 2012, 03:36:24 PM
Gooday all, I will  take your suggestion to the AROCA SA Committee meeting this Wednesday night. The Committee is always looking for ways to increase the interest in Club activities and there may be an opportunity for something like this.
In any case come along to a Club meeting introduce yourself and at the end of each meeting we always offer a buy/sell/swap opportunity. Alternatively you are welcome to advertise in our Club magazine, free for members small fee for non members.
Storm X see you often here when are you joining the Club, all are welcome?

Cheers, Laurie AROCA SA Secretary

Ive been thinking about joining for many years now, but never got to it yet. I've just bought my 1st house, and i have stopped driving my Giulietta as a daily driver, and i was hoping to join the club and get historic REGO so i can drive the Giulietta on the weekend but due to the new rules i am unable to.

gtv19

Gents that is great feedback ands we would certainly look forward to greeting you at a club meeting. The november meeting will be a BBQ and a show and tell. You bring an item and speak about it (probably get heckelled in some well meaning fun) for one minute.
You do not have to be a member to visit, I would be happy have you as enthusiastic guests.
Make sure you introduce youselves to me. Most members wear a name badge (as do I).
Any questions you can contact me by email (secretary@alfaclubsa.org.au) or this forum.

Cheers,

Laurie
current,
alfa 3.2gt (q2)
159 2.4 Diesel Ti sportwagon
147 twinspark manual
past

105 spider (modified)
alfetta gtv twin spark
156 Ti selespeed x2
1.8gt`s 3 of
Alfetta sedan (sprint car)
105 series spiders(2)

alfagtv152

Hi Guys,
As Laurie was indicating by his invitation to you all,THAT is what being part of a CLUB is all about!.
Sharing your interest,knowledge,parts,technical advice,ideas and passion for the Marque is all part of being involved with the club and you get to do it "person" to "person" not electronically and faceless as we do here.
Cheers
Andrew
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.