Alfa Romeo 1900 & all its varients

Started by David Mills, September 24, 2012, 07:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Mills

Having been a 1900 aficionado for around 40 years, I am only too aware of how few there are in Australia.  Never mind, with the efforts of Phil and maybe another earnest new collector or two (are you paying attention Emmanuel?) that will be improved.

But the point of this post is an excellent new book on the series that anyone with an interest in older Alfas will enjoy and be please to add to their collection.

I have my copy and can assure all that it is outstanding.

http://www.millenove.de/shop/page/8?sessid=oKhikrjwNGijNdDaNYUxQe8LLBDzJmLUldxC9VRfCClsaZjIL4rgYipaS7QIPXQQ&shop_param=

Regards to all, Dave

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi David,
My copy arrived last week and it is superb. The first one hundred have a special folder/cover for this masterpiece of a book. it is best to order direct from Jurgen. 120 euros but it is a significant hardback book of high quality.
Cheers
Phil
(With acknowledgements to Auto Italia for the article attached. It is available from the 1900org.com website

EZEE

Noted David....and thanks for thinking of me :)

I am happy to accomodate, finding them is the difficult thing! Of course if anyone knows of any already here that someone would part with I  would be interested.

In the meantime I have ordered my copy of the book :)

Emmanuel

David Mills

David Mills

Phil, congrats on C & S which, as usual, is outstanding. I am going to quibble just a bit with your editorial mention of 1900's.

You say 4, I say more!  There are three Touring CSS which we can refer to as Red, Grey and Blue.   Then there is your recent acquisition which makes 4. Now, what about the Mattas?  Jock's is well known and I think the ex Val Matta might be back in Vic. Some years ago there was a 1900 Super living in Brighton.  It was in good nick and registered. I know the name of the then owner and address but this is not the place for that. Anyone know where that is now? My 1952 Berlina spent much of its life in Melbourne (really, right in the CBD from 1992 to 2008). Of course, it now lives with me in Tas.  Sadly, the 2000 Sportiva which was part of the family, has now departed our shores.   Based on my observation, I reckon ther is still another 4 door in NSW to be unearthed.

Here's a pic of Red & Grey with their mouths open waiting for lunch in Lygon St.

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi David,
You had a 2000 Sportiva!  :o One of the only two ever made!  :o The silver one I understand was here for a while...David Jones? What a beauty. Gob smackingly georgeous! I smell a C&S article David. I was speaking about this car with David Wright a couple of months ago.

Thank you for the update on the 1900 numbers. It would be good to try and track down the owner for the Brighton car.

Still reading through the beautiful Millenove book.

How about an articelk on your 1900 Super too?

What did you think of John's artcile in the C&S. (He is a trifle biased and he would admit this).
CHeers
Phil

David Mills

No No No, not me.  I was just rueing the loss of the Sportiva from the local environment!

massiveluvbuddy67

Hey David,
Can you post some pictures of your 1900 Super. This car has  great story to tell. How about an article for the C&S?
Cheers
Phil