Waiting on delivery of 147 JTD

Started by mikz, December 13, 2007, 08:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikz

Hi clubbers ... well who would have thought that at age 50 I'd be buying an Alfa. Bit like Don (Wanderer) but I didn't wait another 17 years :)
I must say I would have liked to go sporty but my head has ruled my heart and I've gone for economy over the wildman factor. Maybe when I get to 67 I'll go over to the dark side like Don.
Last weekend was my first drive ever in an Alfa and I was hooked after about 5 minutes. I got out the car and told the salesman I'll have one in red thank you and when can I pick it up. Looks like I might have it Xmas eve so thats gotta be the nicest Xmas prezzie I've ever bought myself.

Merry Christmas....

Mick

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Victor Lee

Welcome Mick to your second childhood!  ;)

In case u don't know, there will be a Alfa Romeo Australia backed 147 diesel at the 12 Hour Bathurst Race next year.  It will accompany the existing 159 diesel.

Enjoy your Chrissy present and hope to see you on the forum soon to tell us about your new toy!
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

mikz

Excellent  ..  that will make interesting viewing  .... and of course ...I'll tell members all about the experience with the new Alfa ... cheers

Wanderer

Great to hear you have made the first move - look forward to welcoming you to the Dark Side in a few more years.
I had planned to buy a 911 for my 70th birthday but after six months of fun in the Brera which has made me feel ten years younger ( and added ten years to the missus) I think I will stay with the marque! You're only young twice!
Don
Wanderer

mikz

Well, picked up the red beast two days ago and as my farm is about 120Km's from the dealer along both highway and tight twisty bends through the hills I had a great opportunity to give it a work out. And the verdict ?  I love it, love it. love it....  after driving a large 4WD for the last ten years is this what I have been missing out on ?
I now understand why you guys are so passionate about this marque and a couple of days in I am already ....
Actually Don, when I went to pick up the 147 there was a red Brera parked in the showroom, mate if I had the extra 30K to spend I may well have driven away in that .. it looked hot !
Enough for now  ... I'll be back on the 147 forum later for my experiences living with a diesel Alfa 147.

Have a good and safe Xmas 2007 everyone.