Alfa 33 16v throttle body spacers

Started by 33racer, September 16, 2012, 02:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

33racer

Hi just wondering if anyone know what the job of the plastic spacers between the throttle bodies and heads. Cause my alfa 33 16v was leaking water from these because they were cracked and havent been able to find a replacement so i just removed them. but now it doesnt like to idle to well or it just stalls when idling.

colcol

If it won't idle and is leaking, you need to replace the spacers, try some wreckers and Alfa Romeo, [old school], spare parts places, or find someone who is dismantling one on the 33 ebay site, or try some repairs with JB WELD or similar, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

Contact Peter at Alfasuds on line in the UK, he sent me an email, and i noticed he had some spacers, he sells new and used parts for Alfasuds, Sprints and 33's, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

33racer

Do you know if they will affect the way the motor performs if they are just removed.

33racer

Also i have decided just to make some new ones out of aluminium

colcol

They may be also heat insulators, as the heat rises off the motor, into the fuel system, on my 33 with carby's, i have 2 plastic spacers to try and get a bit of heat insulation, as the 1.5 carby's suffer dreadfull heat soak, Colin.

ad

Hello,

See the post below.
Alex in the UK makes his own spacers in Tufnol, a material similar to the bakelite originals, Adam

http://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6015