Previous topic - Next topic

Mat Francis

Last lot
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

aggie57

Hells teeth - how long have you had it and how many k's again??!!  Poor car..!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Mat Francis

I think about 4 years? It was a pretty sad case when we got it, bought it for Scott for him to learn to drive in. Replaced just about everything in the car in order to get it registered, and to be fair, it's been just about bullet proof. He put something around 50 thousand k on it in just over 2 years, and the only time it let him down (apart from the gearbox, but that went in our street luckily) all it needed was a new set of points. Total km's will always be a mystery.

It's second lease on life is unfortunately running out, but it can't be said that it didn't have a good run!
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Craig_m67

okay - we're in.

Minstry of Finance loves the idea of a Poliza version - Lets make it happen :)

Craig
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Craig_m67

Quick update and a big thanks to Mat and his father Mike.

Flew into Melbourne early Saturday to pick up the (lemans) blue meanie for the 2013 Shitbox Rally!!
Collected it at the Tullamarine from mat and his dad who kindly met me and drove it straight back up the Newell to Brissy. Arrived 8am this morning after three hours kip on the side of the road somewhere between Goondawindi and Warwick.. Was having hallucinations, time to stop. Apart from the intermittent starter motor (sticky brushes?) it ran faultlessly ... Bit disappointed really i brought my bag of tools just incase, but the car was great, thanks guys !!  Lucky three of the four servos I stopped at had sloping drives or I'd be still sitting in bum#uck NSW *L*

First job, re raise it to a reasonable height for the outback. I was leaving sparks down the Newell F1 style one the way home  ;D

Mat Francis

Very pleased to see, you definitely didn't muck around! I never really doubted the car, but its a big relief all the same. Shame about the starter though- perhaps it doesn't like the heat of extended driving? Was pretty sad to see it go after all this time- but I know its got a better future ahead of it than what I could offer, even if it is only briefly!
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Craig_m67

Craig_m67

For personal reasons I was unable to enter the rally this year.
As a result I also need to get rid of my car collection and this vehicle urgently needs to go.
Car is located in Scarborough QLD 4020

I'm keeping the blue light, no exceptions.

I will/cannot break the vehicle due to space and location limitations, so if you want something (15" V4 Simmons) you need to take the whole thing.

Vehicle is unregistered but runs really well. Get a permit and drive it home or onto your trailer.
I drove it home non stop from Melbourne to Brisbane (20hrs) without significant issue.

Very clean tidy engine bay. Didn't burn any oil from memory. Doesn't and hasn't leaked any fluids. Starts, stops and drives really well BUT has been lowered far too much for old man daily use :)  Full height rear springs, original shocks and a spare set of rally wheels included as per this thread.  Torsion bars are from a GTV (thicker). I'm told it has Bilsteins in the front (perhaps back) - Rides great. Includes a better sounding stereo than my 156, central locking on the front doors and is fitted with velour 156 front seats (comfy).

With the exception of a sticky starter solenoid and handbrake when hot everything works. Has factory second gear graunch, indeed from memory the gear change is 'fluid', bushes no doubt.  Exhaust looks recent, no leaks, sounds great. All gauges work. Previous owner has provided a reasonably detailed log book (mileage, fuel, services)

Some rust around rear windscreen and rear apron (behind wheels)
No rust around front windscreen (or sills/doors that I can see, quite surprising)
Significant ding bashed out on right rear corner - see pics - otherwise straight
No bumpers (as per thread photos)
Front windscreen has a 'patched' stone chip. I suspect windscreen fitted is not correct, it looks small.

Great colour, lemans blue, patchy and faded. Great patina actually, this car has been loved and used.

Very clean car really, would make the basis of a good project or race car.
I'll post some additional pictures up later and link this thread to the for sale and QLD regional forum.

Offers on a post card over next fortnight otherwise it goes to Sims Metal

SOLD and collects, thanks