Photos from the Vic awards night?

Started by massiveluvbuddy67, May 16, 2013, 09:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massiveluvbuddy67

I am looking for good quality photos from our awards night last Wednesday for the club magazine. The only photos sent to me thus far are poor quality. Any out there please? Send to editor@alfaclubvic.org.au

Evan Bottcher

What you mean the secretary's phone camera didn't cut it?  :o
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Ray Pignataro

bix

Oh come-on, the Blackberry is top quality mate!

Neil Choi

Mr Hopla was meant to update but here are the winners........................................

The drum roll.............................................................

Competition Awards:

Standard 2L S3
Runner up Alan Morrison Alfa 75 TS
Winner Darren Viney Alfa 75 TS
Darren started out a year or so ago only doing driver training a couple of times and was convinced to compete while being accompanied by an instructor.  He has developed his driving, learning the right way through the mentorship of the club and now hooked and driving brilliantly.

Modified 2L M3
A hotly contested class, very popular class
Runner up Joe Falcone Alfa 75 TS
Winner Simon Rawther Alfetta GTV
Simon immigrated from NSW after noticing how well our events are run.  He is now a consistent and regular competitor with AROCA Victoria, competing with quick times and good driving.  Survived a slight mishap mid year at PI but recovered and was able to compete at the 6 hr in time without too much inconvenience.  He has also being promoted to Racing class for 2013.

Modified 3L M4
Winner Andrew Barden Alfetta GTV6
I convinced Andrew to come and compete at AROCA events after seeing him at MSCA events, now a regular competitor and winning an award.  Developing his car and driving, he has certainly come a long way and is giving some of the other 3L boys a run for their money.  He is now promoted to Racing class for 2013.

Racing 2L R3
Another hotly and more fiercely contested class, a class with the most competitors
Runner up Hung Do Alfetta GTV Gp S
Winner Neil Choi Alfetta GTV Gp S
Has broken car at every event.

Racing 3L R4
Runner up Claude Botti
Winner Mick Aarons Alfetta GTV6
Always entertaining to watch his antics.  His car is well developed along with his driving.  He has many good battles on track with his fellow class competitors and his youtube visions are always entertaining and exciting.  He always achieves many quick laptimes and PB's.

Racing over 3L R5
Winner Paul Salvatore Alfa 155 Turbo
Burst onto the scene unknown with a well developed Alfa 155 Turbo and doing blistering laptimes.  He is a developing driver and we should be expecting more out of him in the coming year's event.

Associate Class A
Derek Pickard MX5

He is a veteran and regular competitor but now being beaten by his son.

Ladies Trophy
Winner Dominique Chaleyer otherwise known in the paddock as "Danica"
Burst onto the scene relatively unnoticed until her friendly nature made many friends amongst all the competitors.  She also broke onto the historic racing circuit in a competitive way with her Group Sb Alfa 105.  Her racing is developing and holds her own against many other well seasoned drivers.  I believe she is expecting a race motor for Christmas.

Junior Driver Trophy
Winner Damon Choi Alfetta GTV Group S
Missed a majority of 2012 events due to VCE studies but managed to compete at enough events to keep in touch and take out the award.  Also achieved many PB laptimes to the capabilities of his car.  He is due back this year to make a serious challenge amongst all the competitors in his class.

Tony Hawker Trophy First Alfa team at AROCA 6 hr.
Already presented:
Team Managers:  Gary Pearce and Kerry Reynolds.
Team Assistant:  Phil Nash
Drivers:  Phil Baskett, John Floyd, Evan Bottcher, Neil Choi

Terry Potter Trophy
For non-racing Competitors
Runner up Joe Falcone
Winner Simon Rawther Alfetta GTV
To win the trophy you have to be a regular, consistent and performance driver which Simon has demonstrated. 

Bob Gardiner Trophy
For racing class competitors
Runner up Hung Do Alfetta GTV Group S
Winner Neil Choi Alfetta GTV Group S
Needs to stop breaking things.

Alex Mildren Trophy
Competitors in Historic Group S and N open racing.
Fierce competition amongst many regular and experienced competitors with well developed racing Alfa's in the Historic Open Racing events.  Many of the key contenders are well known within the club.  First Alfa lady competitor Dominique (Danica) Chaleyer.
Special mention:  Fourth Place Dominique ("Danica") Chaleyer Group Sb Alfa 105 (first year of racing)
Runner up Phil Baskett Alfetta GTV Group Sc
Winner Neil Choi Alfetta GTV Group Sc
If he can only manage to finish in the Sunday race without breaking something.

Group S Racing Association Group Sc Trophy
Third Place Phil Baskett Alfetta GTV Group Sc

Neil Choi

They were the competition awardees above.

Here are the other more important awardees.

Ray Sharp Memorial Trophy (Best Clubman)
Colin Thomas

Perpetual Trophy (Mr Everywhere and Do Anything Man)
Bruno Colautti

Most Supportive Business/Organization
MX5 Club of Victoria, received by Don Nicoll (Club President) and Daniel White (Club Motorsport Captain)

Peter Shepherd Award
Peter Shepherd

Brian Horman Memorial Trophy (Best magazine article)
Please remind me???

New Members Award
Please please remind me, I know him but name has eluded me at the moment.

Evan Bottcher

Was great to recognise the MX-5 club for their support of our event, not just with entries but also with organisation and officials.  Nice one committee folks!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

massiveluvbuddy67

I agree with all above...but does anyone have any good quality photos?  ;D

alfagtv58

Phil,

I was there for the Choi family recognition evening.  The only camera I saw floating around on the night was the aforementioned mobile device.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Neil Choi

Updated:  Also presented on the night

alfagtv58

Quote from: Neil Choi on May 22, 2013, 05:45:07 PM
Updated:  Also presented on the night

Neil beat me in that one too, he came 2nd (Michael Byrne in the Lotus won....again)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti