156 Trim and Spec

Started by Gotta B Red, June 30, 2012, 08:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gotta B Red

Hi All,
With Originality foremost.
Just wondering if the boot spoiler sometimes seen on early 'de Silva' series 156s is a factory option or is it aftermarket?
And the sometimes seen Gold Lettering of model badges seen on the rear of some models, is it significant, perhaps indicating a higher level of spec or trim, or is it a function of model year or just colour and contrast.
Cheers,
Andy

John Hanslow

Greetings Goota B Red.  Can not comment on Gold lettering but can on the gold like cloverleaf badge.

I understood that the spoiler was an option and also part of a body kit offered from 200-2002 until the series was updated from the TS engine to the JTS.

The Monza edition (TS and V6) had a body kit and usually a spoiler.

I had a 156 Sport which came out in 2002 and had the Monza accessories (body kit, faux carbon fibre dash, red light instrumentation)  - also extra reccaro style seats and wheels.

The Monza had green cloverleaf badges on the back next to the 156 badge and also on the front guards near the indicator.  The sports edition had a plain metal badge sort of faded gold affixed to similar places on the car.

Over the years, some badges may have fallen off, not been replaced after a bingle or added to a car for good looks.

You may have to refer to car sales to see the creativity in description and what edition the car actually may be.

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

pasey25

The Monza cars did not automatically come with a body kit. Minee doesn't, nor does it have the spoiler. I've seen many other Monza's without the kit s I'm pretty sure the kit was an option (same with the spoiler)

it does have a different interior. Seats by momo, faux carbon fibre trim and red back lit dials.

it also has the cloverleaf badges, which are sadly deteriorating. If anyone has any leads for replacements, I'd be most appreciative.

Current:
1969 Lancia Fulvia 1.3s Coupe
1967 Lancia Fulvia Berlina GT
2017 Abarth 595 Competizione
1991 Alfa SZ #440
1967 Fiat 850
1966 Fiat 850
1969 Giulia Super
1989 Alfa 75 Twin Spark

Past:
2005 147 GTA Monza Sele 59/100
2001 156 Monza Sele 2.0TS
2010 159 TI 2.4 SW

John Hanslow

Tht's for the correction pasey25.

That said, I got the last cloverleaf badge in Melbourne about 2 years ago (genuine part that is) and had no end of trouble finding one thru the dealer parts network.  

It is actually a cloverleaf badge that was on the 164 on their system.  Also the 75 Potenziata had one. Different markets had them for different cars.  You will have no trouble getting one on the internet.

My previous thread.

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=5763.0
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

L4OMEO

Hey pasey25 - I might have a couple lurking in a drawer, will check tonight and let you know.

Cheers
Rory
2002 156 GTA

Gotta B Red

Quote from: John Hanslow on July 02, 2012, 12:26:37 PM
Greetings Goota B Red.  Can not comment on Gold lettering but can on the gold like cloverleaf badge.

I understood that the spoiler was an option and also part of a body kit offered from 200-2002 until the series was updated from the TS engine to the JTS.

The Monza edition (TS and V6) had a body kit and usually a spoiler.

I had a 156 Sport which came out in 2002 and had the Monza accessories (body kit, faux carbon fibre dash, red light instrumentation)  - also extra reccaro style seats and wheels.

The Monza had green cloverleaf badges on the back next to the 156 badge and also on the front guards near the indicator.  The sports edition had a plain metal badge sort of faded gold affixed to similar places on the car.

Over the years, some badges may have fallen off, not been replaced after a bingle or added to a car for good looks.

You may have to refer to car sales to see the creativity in description and what edition the car actually may be.

Cheers
Thanks Guys the spoiler I'm referring to is a fairly significant piece of kit & seems to include 'led' stop/tail.I was hoping it was 'factory'. There is certainly some creativity in description in the sales arena.Notwithstanding the falloffs and bingles there may be a market influence ie UK/AU (haven't really looked in Japan) but the poms seem to go for full disclosure with engine description on the right but it could be the owners adding the full description.
To illustrate with a local Alfa GT it seems the 'factory' badging on the rear is just "GT" and nothing more.LH side of that gorgeous rear! The engine data on the right is that factory?
Several examples seen online (UK) of the Full Busso GT had 3.2V6 on RH side of tailgate/bootlid .... Is it a market thing or end user mod?

The gold lettering I thought could be colour of the body related or perhaps indicative of a certain year model and as other makers have used the psychology to imply perhaps greater worth or status I thought Alfa may have been reading from the same psalm book.

I just dutifully slapped myself about the head for the suggestion that Alfa might be trendfollowers rather than Trendsetters ... how stupid and insolent of me .... who knows they could been the first.

Cheers,
Andy

John Hanslow

Several examples seen online (UK) of the Full Busso GT had 3.2V6 on RH side of tailgate/bootlid .... Is it a market thing or end user mod?

I have only seen one in Melbourne so I guess it is an aftermarket addition, a good idea and I think it is a worth while add on for nominal cost. 

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

pasey25

Quote from: L4OMEO on July 02, 2012, 03:43:10 PM
Hey pasey25 - I might have a couple lurking in a drawer, will check tonight and let you know.

Cheers
Rory

Hi Rory - did you have any luck?

these are the silver with green enamel ones.

the ones I've seen on ebay are gold with green enamel (and different design)

Current:
1969 Lancia Fulvia 1.3s Coupe
2017 Abarth 595 Competizione
1991 Alfa SZ #440
1967 Fiat 850
1966 Fiat 850
1969 Giulia Super
1989 Alfa 75 Twin Spark

Past:
2005 147 GTA Monza Sele 59/100
2001 156 Monza Sele 2.0TS
2010 159 TI 2.4 SW

L4OMEO

Hey

Sorry, been a very difficult couple of weeks and I haven't had a chance to look. Give me a few days and I promise I'll get back to you.

Cheers Adam
Rory
2002 156 GTA

trippytipo

You can pick up the cloverleaf badges from EB Spares in the UK - http://ebspares.co.uk/alfa156/trim_alfa156.cfm.

If you're after a local option, try giving Turin Imports a call - http://www.turinimports.com.au/.

Quote from: pasey25 on July 02, 2012, 12:56:10 PM
The Monza cars did not automatically come with a body kit. Minee doesn't, nor does it have the spoiler. I've seen many other Monza's without the kit s I'm pretty sure the kit was an option (same with the spoiler)

it does have a different interior. Seats by momo, faux carbon fibre trim and red back lit dials.

it also has the cloverleaf badges, which are sadly deteriorating. If anyone has any leads for replacements, I'd be most appreciative.

2001 Alfa Romeo 156 V6 2.5 Monza

"There is no beauty which hath not some strangeness about its proportions."
- Sir Francis Bacon

L4OMEO

Hey Adam

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I have a couple of new cloverleaf badges and they are the same ones as being sold by EB Spares. Given they're selling them for GBP14ea and shipping will be negligible you're probably better off buying them direct, should get a pair for around AUD50 landed. I could sell you mine for a bit less but it probably wouldn't save you much, let me know if you're keen though.

Sorry mate, thought I might get a better result for you here.

Cheers
Rory
2002 156 GTA