1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Gary Pearce

Thanks Neil.
Who would have thought we could have such a great day with inclement weather. Several drivers reporting PB's before the wet and only a few recoveries making it a wonderful experience at Phillip Island once again.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

Neil Choi

Well, I didn't do much really.

But biggest thanks to the following:

Greg Savage, Doug Gould, Bruno Colautti, Frank Musco, Ross Flood, Chris Sutherland, Rory Sutherland, Alan Hopla and his Friend Noel (whose surname I always forget), Gary Pearce, Paul Gulliver, John Marras, Tim Emery, Paul Bichsel, all the scrutineers and all those I have forgotten.

Day started out fresh, breezy, but sunshine.  But as the pessimist Doug Gould jinxed us by reporting rain will arrive lunchtime.  As Mr Jinx stated, rain did arrived and dampen the day a bit. However despite the adverse weather, many got in a practice and at least 1-2 sessions in reasonable conditions, cold but dry.  Some good lap times were had.  Personally I had some issues with noise, tyres and driver ability and most of all sitting out of a couple of sessions (coincided with the best conditions) to avoid being pinged again.  Consistent rain slowed the times down, but surprisingly the number of recoveries and incidents were no more than usual which goes to say that drivers adhered to the conditions.  Around 3 pm, conditions improved where the rain eased, sun actually reappeared and track dried slightly which encouraged some to get back out there.  Me included, car was packed but persuasion by a couple saw the car unpacked quickly and out we went for one run for some throttle control practice.  Came back in, still got some petrol, out for another for more.  Damon opted out as he had changed out of race suit already and into shorts, t-shirt and thongs!!! So was not going to change back.

Others had a great time, saw Gary Pearce going well in the wet, Mick Aarons sideways keeping Colin Byrne at bay and not letting him pass despite Colin's far superior driving skills, even punting Colin off the track after Siberia.  Mr 24v was sideways into turn one after undertaking me.  Mr Botti got done for noise even after running 5 yrs with same muffler, it's the clouds, that's my excuse.  White GTV of Simon Rawther mounted tyre wall missing armco by only metres saw only cracked plastic bumper and no other damage which sees him right to enter 6 hr, my first and only thought was that we lost him from 6 hr, that's my only concern.  During the recovery, Recovery I was bogged in the very soft infield, so Recovery II was sent to recover Recovery I.  Saw some action of an angle grinder on Tony Raditsis's beautiful Guilia Super.  No troubles from the Byrne's and Pierce's brilliant 105's, along with Gulliver's GTV TS.  Paul Bichsel's 156 is ever developing more speed and skills and talk of 6 hr and building a race car, you know you want to.  Mr Smooth did not blow up his GTV TS which was a shame as it would have been entertaining.  Definitely the bravery award goes to Tim Bentley in his Alfa Riccardi, drove down in near zero temperature, buzzed around track all day in the wet.  Saw him drove home, I was following him, in the rain, wind and single digit temperatures, all in an open top Alfa, brave.  Might present him with a wetsuit and some thermos.

I can go on with more reports to embarrass all but it is coffee time.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

Quote from: ProvaRacing on July 01, 2012, 09:16:30 AM
Quote from: Paul Gulliver on June 19, 2012, 06:54:20 PM
QuoteMaserati club is basically run by one bloke, Jim Reark

Sadly Jim passed away in May.

That's very sad.  Jim was a good mate to me and I saw his involvement in motorsport at the Maserati Club which inspired me to do same for Alfa.

beavis

I had a good day and managed a PB despite the wet weather....

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: beavis on July 02, 2012, 10:06:39 PM
I had a good day and managed a PB despite the wet weather....

Given that the guys in the timing tower read this forum, and normally don't like to see deliberate drifting, I wonder why you'd put a video up that shows you were constantly using Scandinavian flicks to provoke slides?  Seems like a good way to attract unwanted attention to yourself at future events...

aaronactive

Hi All,

Great to see all the Alfa's out on Saturday. One of my mates had a GTV6 back in the day so I have a soft spot for those cars!

Anyway, I was out taking photos in the rain and have put them up line if people would like to purchase images/prints/etc.

Feel free to have a look, and if you do end up liking something enough to buy - You can use a coupon code AROCA for a 10% discount until the 10th of July 2012.

Thanks all!

http://aaronactive.photoshelter.com

sav

[/quote]

Given that the guys in the timing tower read this forum, and normally don't like to see deliberate drifting, I wonder why you'd put a video up that shows you were constantly using Scandinavian flicks to provoke slides?  Seems like a good way to attract unwanted attention to yourself at future events...
[/quote]

yes, good point. It is not that we are against drifting, the fact is that we run sprint days not drift days. There is obviously a reason why drifters only put 2 cars on the track at a time. It is potentially dangerous in a group of cars.
Just for interest, I called a driver up to the tower to ask about his drifting and he volunteered to go home, which he did.
Next wet event I will be watching young Mr Beavis.

Still it was a very interesting day and nearly everyone behaved themselves.

C of C Sav.

bix

Great day despite the cold.
Neil, the wife wants to know if child seats will still fit in the back of the 156 with harnesses and a rollcage  ;D