Eastern Creek Sports Car Carnival

Started by alfagtv58, May 20, 2012, 09:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

Apart from the mechanical woes (and other woes) everyone suffered.  What a great weekend.  No doubt the VRA boys are very accommodating.  Us Mexicans need to reciprocate at Winton later in the year.

My personal thanks Bill Magoffin for opening up his house for the BBQ on Saturday night and particularly to Robert Panetta and his family for being so kind to Neil and I, it made the weekend for us.

I see you lowered your lap time again in the last race Robert, so you beat my qualifying time easily :) Lets resume that battle on my turf at Winton  ;)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

giulia_veloce

Hi Phil

Was a pleasure for you + Niel to stay with us.
At least my wife knows who I hang around with.

I was amazed at the lap time also.
Once in the leed on first lap= turn 2,,,,I drove it like I stole it for 7 laps till that quad cam V6 out horespowered the poor little second hand engine twin spark.
Beaten by .4 (point 4) of a second,but im sure Dougy was only playing.
2nd outright was good enough for me.

Phil,,,dont tempt me to buy new tyres for Winton.
Hopefull John P (hollywood) or David H (apprentice),will give me some more of their second hand tyres again.
Billy (enforcer) has driven the 75 a few times.
He keeps saying= if I put some pistons n cams n new tyres on it,,= you will all be in trouble.
Name of the game is fun,and for some of us= not expensive race car repairs.
75 will stay on the trailer till a week before Winton in September,and all it will get is a full checkover and some new brake fluid.

Your turf at Winton ?
Are we playing in the grass ?
Track goes anti clockwise from memory.
My car seems to like LH corners
I will bring the secret wepon= bucket fulla lollies.

Encourage more Victorians to enter this event,and more Queenslanders= State of Origin= East Coast Challenge

Robert

Neil Choi

I will ditto Phil's thanks to Bill's and Rob's generous hospitality, they made the entire weekend of racing all the worthwhile despite the mechanic problems. 

All the VRA guys were fantastic and extremely friendly and great to get along with.  Race with you all any day.  I will be back to Eastern Creek anytime, great track.

Rob, please keep thinking Winton goes anti-clockwise.

To all the Victorian Racers, start getting ready now for what is expected to be a great weekend of racing at Winton in September.  Lets show the NSW and Qld guys what we Vic's are made of.

So many many thanks to Bill, Rob and all the VRA guys.

Thanks Phil also for the road trip, I broke my gearbox in sympathy to your's.

Neil

Enforcer

Is this a private love-in or can anyone join in...

Thanks again to all those who entered the Sports Car Carnival and particularly to those who travelled.

It was a shame about all of the injuries, unprecedented in my time racing Alfa's..surely a record. Luckilly it was only metal that was hurt. The racing as always was keen but clean.

It was an honour to host the BBQ (sponsored by Manning Motors) on Saturday and to spend some quality time with you guys.

Roll on the ECC.

Regds

Bill
73 Nc 2000 GTV
77 GTV Race
76 Gp C A'Delta GTAm 3 x HF 1000
68 GTV
76 GTAm
12 Giulietta QV Race
74 2L Berlina A
75 GTV
75 Spider
85 GTV6
89/75 TS x 3
70 Fairlane
72 Lotus Europa
74 F350 Pano
76 HX S'man
80 Volvo 240 Rally
12 159 Q4
2020 Stelvio (Hers)
2019 Colorado (Mulo)
07 Iveco transporter

Frank C

Just like to say i had a most enjoyable first time at the track and look forward to the next.

It's a shame their was so many DNF's on such a sunny weekend, but those car's will be back stronger and better next time.

Some great photos Neil.

Great bunch of guys also.

John A Pucak

F*%K, What a weekend, its been my worst weekend in motorsport. Hopefully we will get it together for Winton, and catch up with all you Alfa Racers. Great to see the guys travelling from interstate, and hope we can catch up at Winton.

Hollywood

Neil Choi

Good news, I lied and in a way to make Phil feel better during the weekend, inspected car this morning and only a broken CV joint, all fixed now.  But just as well didn't go out again, no rear brake pads left and a broken muffler.  Though all could have been fixed in a couple of hours to keep racing and fly the Vic flag, but oh well, it happened and all the distraught.

Cheers all, good racing.

Neil

PS Thanks Hugh for helping.

aggie57

Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list