GTV 116 supercharged NORD

Started by Midda Samid, May 16, 2012, 02:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midda Samid

i've given up on the charger.. it's off the car.. I will be sourcing the M62 replacement instead of throwing money at the m45..

On a positive note, I drove it today.. elec gremlins sorted.. loose terminal on the coil pack and intermittent short on the TPS.. my curved inlet runners with better aimed injectors have all but eliminated the transition issues between closed and open throttle.. very happy about that.. the car was a pleasure to drive.. side pipe exhaust was even acceptable without the bigger bangs from the charger.. Was out in it for maybe 20 minutes.. Geez, Alfa engines sound f'n awesome.. and my new carpet looks the bizness.

And without the charger screaming away at 150dB, the pedestrians just went about enjoying their day with a quick glance at the Alfa going past and a smile rather than ducking for cover and frowning at it.. a nice change from the last year of my life.

I have left all of the intake system on the car to keep an eye on it's ability to deal with the proximity to the exhaust headers.. so far so good. I have basically replaced the intercooler to throttle body pipe with a pod filter and blocked off the intercooler to avoid any ingress of grit/water/snot etc.. Car is getting a 45minute freeway run tomorrow.. better check it still has RACV cover.. haha.. I see my future.. it involves a flatbed.. ;)

Had some cooling issues however.. ran well until temps got up around the 92degC where my fansare programmed to kick in and it couldn't reduce temps.. even driving at 65-70kph it couldn't reduce temps.. got it home, opened the bonnet with it running and still couldn't reduce temps.. alas, my 12inch push fan was wired backwards and was sucking air from the engine bay to the nose cone.. derr.. all sorted and we have temperature control.. what a fool..

And inlet air temps with the pod straight off the throttle body were up around 40-55degC.. bit high.. not much I can do about that though.
'77 116 GTV