New to forum, new to AROCA, new to owning a car and new to owning an Alfa!

Started by AGM155, November 18, 2007, 05:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AGM155

Hello all - I think I've posted on this forum before but its been a long time and I haven't introduced myself

My name is Andrew and I'm 18 years old, and I joined AROCA today at Spettacolo.

I've loved Alfas for a long time and so it was logical that when it came time for me to buy a car there would be no other option - the question was which Alfa?

It had to be safe, which ruled out older cars, it had to be in my price range, which ruled out most of the newest cars too. I preferred a V6 as well.

I couldn't afford to insure a GTV 3.0, and I felt that if I was going to get a car like a GTV, I'd want the V6 engine. 147s didn't really appeal to me, and 156s were too difficult to come across in V6 manual form.

And so after months of looking at many 166s, I finally stitched up a deal for an Alfa Red 2001 166 on Friday.

The car is a far cry from the Golf that I'm currently stuck with, and I should be collecting it in a week or so, but its perfect for my needs - looks fantastic, is totally individual, can carry everything I'll need it to carry, drives and handles great (its been lowered) plus of course the V6 engine.

So hopefully you'll see me around - not only this forum, but at various club events.

Brad M

Welcome Andrew.
We look forward to the pics and seeing the 166 in the metal at a club event soon.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067