From Argentina, Alfa 164 V6 96

Started by alfanatico, May 27, 2012, 04:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfanatico

Hello,

I live in Argentina, and own an Alfa 164 V6.  Actually this is my second unit, very happy with it because I am a fanatic of that model.

Since I work in a multinational company I use to travel around the world, and next week I am going to be in Melbourne for two weeks. This would be my second time in Melbourne, when I was there for the first time, I got surprised about the Holden's, like them very much. I saw only one 164 parked on the streets and parked outside my workplace!, not in the best condition.

Here in Argentina we have a lot of 155 and 164's running and some 33, we have a local forum but I don't know if I am allowed to copy the URL here.

Do you know if I could get some used parts for my 164 during my stay in Melbourne ? any information would be appreciated.

many thanks!

Neil Choi

Welcome.  Will you still be in Melbourne on 13 June, it is our club night meeting. 

Call Hugh Harrison at Monza Motors on 9729 9946 while in Melbourne, he will have all the 164 bits you need.

Not many 164 on the road anymore due to upkeep outweighs the value.

Regards
Neil

PS. What is the url to your forum?

ANG156

what parts are you after? we only had 164's in australia up to 1992. Considering yours is a 1996 interior parts may be different.

John Hanslow

Foley Alfa in NSW impotered some late model 164's from Hongkong to meet ongoing demand after Alfa withdrew from the Australian market. 

Some of these have been onsold throughout Australia but not that many left on the road due to depreciation issues.

There are stil used 164 parts around as some cars are purchased for their 3lt motors only.

As stated
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata