Sprinting this Sunday at Lakeside

Started by hammer, April 12, 2012, 06:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Hi team,

Rob Cantle and I are taking our Alfas out for a run in the Lakeside Open Sprint this Sunday if anyone is keen to join us. It's not an Alfa Comp round, just my first chance to wind up the Giulietta in 2012. Bloody house renovations have put paid to my 2012 race schedule but Rob has convinced me to drag Jools out of the shed for a gentle squirt around Lakeside.

Cheers,

Brent

hammer

The weather gods were kind to us at Lakeside on Sunday afternoon. It rained all the way from home to the track, while we unloaded our cars and for further 1/2 hour. Then the clouds parted, the track dried and we sprinted for three hours. Then we packed up our cars, headed off and half way home it started to rain again. Sensational luck.

This was a non Alfa comp event, so only 3 Alfas were present but we had a blast. Mark Cowley busted out some 66 second laps in his hot little, Quattromotive prepared 105. Rob Cantle (in his second ever run at Lakeside and his third time on the track) trimmed 3.5 seconds from his PB and pulled off a 70.39.

I plonked my mouldy arse in the Giulietta for the first time in 6 months and the little red gem propelled me around the track in a fastest time of 63.26. That's only 3 tenths off my PB and Joolie was wearing 12 month old tyres. Not bad for an 30 year old family sedan.

Cheers,

Brent