Tyre Dealers [in VIC]

Started by Brad M, March 30, 2012, 09:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewR

I have used for over 10 years

Ian Edgers Tyre Power
577 Blackburn Road
Notting Hill, 3168

Ian and his staff know tyres and can give great advice for road and club days as they race and are involved in club motorsport. They are very competitive on price as well.
2006-166 Ti

AndrewR

I have just bought a set of Kumho V70A from
Essendon Tyre Power
As these are competition tyres there are only limited dealers.
Being the Melbourne authorised dealer they were cheaper than any other Kumho outlet.
2006-166 Ti

GTV-074

Just purchased a set of tyres from the boys at Stuckeys in Brunswick.

Very helpful, good price and top service.

Make sure to mention Alfa club!

Cheers.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

sportyone

Top guys @ Bob Jane Frankston

+1 good prices & service with a smile,

just had them do some wheel alignment on another of my cars.

they have the latest equipment & gear for this, well worth the trip down Eastlink IMO

again top service, just ask for Rodney :)

As the day goes

Quote from: GTV-074 on December 01, 2014, 10:55:15 AM
Stuckeys in Brunswick.

Only ones to respond from a half dozen I contacted on a set of tyres with a specific question for XL types.  Fitting Michelin PS4s this Saturday.

Does one get a discount for being an Aroca member?

Mazman

I use Motor sport wheel and tyre, just got a set of PSS from them, very happy with both price and service, http://mswt.com.au/ 

Maltalfisti

Not sure if I've mentioned these folks before but:

Bob Jane T-Marts  in South Geelong always have brilliant service. The guys there really seem to know their stuff (and appreciate their client's  classic cars to boot).

470 Moorabool Street,
Cnr Fyans St,
South Geelong VIC 3220

Walking distance to the stadium too, if you're up for a seeing a game between tyres (post COVID-19 that is).
The only problem with the GTV6? They forgot to install the flux capacitor...

GTVeloce

Sadly I had less than ideal outcomes from my recent tyre purchase in my 75. Bought 4 Potenza RE003's (great tyre though for road use) from Donnellans in Blackburn and in using their lift device (pseudo hoist) they pushed my exhaust up hard against the underside of my car. I took the car straight back as there was terrible vibrations through the car and they straightened my exhaust but now I have a hole in my centre muffler where the pipe exits.

I'm sure the hoist works for more modern cars with greater ground clearance (albeit my 75 is not lowered) and with exhausts that sit up closer to the underside of the car but surely they should know to check before using that system on a lower, older car.

Cobrasteve

For anyone down the southern peninsula side I can highly recommend Rob Tuckett at Tuckett's Tyrepower Hastings.

He races an nice Group Nc 65 Mustang I think, but knows his stuff.

I'll only take my cobra to him, the most recent visit to get new shoes so I could cart Valterri around the track earlier this year.

The only 15" tyres worth their salt in 295 sizing for the rears are Avons, and he sourced these and spent nearly an hour and a half setting up all my alignments.

For an alfa, I've no doubt he could source whatever you need.

I'll certainly be shodding my GTV through him when the time comes. 

Steve

ps  discovered his facebook page after posting this comment and found a nice 2L GTV getting work plus a race alfa I think