2012 Technoclassica, Essen, Germany

Started by EZEE, March 28, 2012, 06:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZEE

I had the pleasure of visiting this amazing classic car show over the weekend, I happened to be in Frankfurt for work during the week so hired a car on Friday evening and drove off.......

It is one of my first events of this type and scale and boy believe what you read, it is HUGE. 20 halls and 175,000 visitors. Amazing variety of displays and stalls with all sorts of Classics, automobilia, model cars, pedal cars, accessories, equipment, parts, related stuff......BOY did I say HUGE? In 1 3/4 days my colleague and I covered it but left feeling like we missed many things. There was no time to pour over stands in detail for that part, poster, model car or brochure but in fairness the show runs for 5 days and I think you could use most of them checking things out.

I took plenty of pix but I have only posted some ALFA ones here, I have more if someone wants something specific. There were many cars as I say but there were a LOT of Mercedes and Porsches of every type, in fact not surprisingly overall it was a little skewed towards the home market marques. Still in terms of Italian marques there were enough Lancia, Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Abarths and more examples to feast your eyes on for sure. 

I only had the family pocket digital so they aren't great, my colleague took much more with a decent camera and I will get these later in the week. Anything I have missed I can repost.

Unfortunately I don't have one of those web based picture sharing sites...

Cheers

Emmanuel

EZEE

more pictures

EZEE

more....

EZEE

last lot for now

Craig C

Wow
Appreciate you sharing the experience
2003 Spider
1984 GTV 2.0

spirito

Quote from: Craig C on March 28, 2012, 10:20:39 PM
Wow
Appreciate you sharing the experience

+1 ... thanks for posting the pics of what seems like an awesome event !!

DaveT

Brilliant, thanks for sharing Emmanuel.
DaveT & Bertie - 67 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce

Previous belligerent Italians:
92 Alfa 164
72 BS Fiat Spider
69 Fiat 124 AC Coupe
70 Fiat 124 BC Coupe