Problems with la mia Giuietta

Started by Giulietta Mike, March 26, 2012, 10:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giulietta Mike

Hi Everyone!

I'm finally the proud owner of Giulietta. Unfortunately Ive developed a couple of annoying niggles. Would anyone be able to shed some light on them? Here's a short list:

1. There is a weird bang downshifting from 3rd to 2nd.
2. The turbo boost falls of steeply after 3000rpm
3. Sixth gear is really hard to put in sometimes after overtaking on a freeway in 5th.
4. The aluminium pedal cover for the clutch has fallen off, I don't know how to put it back on.

I will be going to the dealer later this week, so any thoughts from you guys?

I look forward to being an active member of the club!

Also, How would I be able to put up pics of my Giulietta on the forum?

Evan Bottcher

I can help a little with the question about attaching images - there's a little guide here: http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=55.0

and if you have difficulty, give me a shout via PM.

Welcome!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

ANG156

What giulietta is this? QV or 1.4multiair manual or TCT?

The turbo boost falling off seems strange, could only need a software upgrade in the engine ecu.

Alfa 159 autos had a weird bang while changine gears. Again a software upgrade was all the was needed.

Pedal cover falling off is not really a big deal. At least your actual pedal is there. Never forget the time the clutch pedal broke free in my sisters vw polo. Now that was scary- had to drive all the way home in second gear.

Giulietta Mike

My Giulietta is a QV without any options ticked. I will take her to the dealer next week to get everything checked out. The car literally stops pulling above 3000rpm. The revs rise but the turbo almost switches off!

colcol

Hey Mike, what state do you and your car hail from?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Giulietta Mike

colcol

We have a new model technical night on Friday 25th May at ZAGAME Automotive in West Melbourne, all Alfa Romeo club members welcome, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]