Driver Training and Racecraft – big thank you!

Started by alanm, March 04, 2012, 07:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanm

Hi all

Just a quick message to say a big thank you to Neil Choi and all of the other AROCA people who contributed their time and effort to the Driver Training and Racecraft day at Winton on Saturday.
I had a very enjoyable day and learnt a lot, everyone I spoke to said the same thing.

Special thank you to Phil my instructor, thanks for the knowledge you shared and the encouragement!

Oh, and I think you guys were right, learning in the wet was better than learning in the dry.

Check out the temporary lake in the background in photo 2!

Cheers
Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

tjb0274

Nice pics  :)

Here's a view from the driver's seat....

Current:
1970/1990 Ricciardi-Alfa (track/occasional weekend car)
2003 147 GTA (daily driver)
1969 Lotus Europa (weekend toy)
2003 Peugeot 206gti (retired daily driver)

Past:
1971 1750 GTV
More Fiat 850s than I can count

Evan Bottcher

Did you get an instructor Tim?  Or was everyone... too busy?  ::)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Ray Pignataro

Jekyll and Hyde

I think the best comment I heard up there yesterday was something about Bruno (Tims instructor) enjoying the jacuzzi...

tjb0274

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on March 04, 2012, 10:18:42 PM
Did you get an instructor Tim?  Or was everyone... too busy?  ::)

Yes - poor Bruno drew the short straw. That clip was from the last session when he sent me out solo to practice what I'd learned  :)

Big thankyou to Bruno for making the sacrifice - we both got very wet. Likewise many of the volunteers who made the day run so smoothly - Chris and Rory Sutherland got drenched running the dummy grid. Thanks and kudos to all the AROCA and MX5 club volunteers - several new drivers mentioned to me how impressed they were with the event.
Current:
1970/1990 Ricciardi-Alfa (track/occasional weekend car)
2003 147 GTA (daily driver)
1969 Lotus Europa (weekend toy)
2003 Peugeot 206gti (retired daily driver)

Past:
1971 1750 GTV
More Fiat 850s than I can count

alfagtv58

Quote from: alanm on March 04, 2012, 07:43:49 PM
Special thank you to Phil my instructor, thanks for the knowledge you shared and the encouragement!

No drama Alan, I'm glad you enjoyed the day.  Sorry I didnt get to say goodbye, but I had to bail in time to get home for the kids bathtime......which I made with a couple of minutes to spare!!

I've been to Winton in the wet before, but never seen it quite that wet before.  Interestingly though there was still a fair bit of grip (for a wet circuit), i.e. it wasn't a skating rink????
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Neil Choi

Thanks to all the entrants of the event.  It was encouraging to see so many participating and taking away a valuable experience.  Congratulations to the parents of the entrants to the Driver Education program, your encouragement for your teenagers to participate was much appreciated.  More of all, well done to the 12 young entrants to the program, the new skills they experienced will remain with them for a long time.  Youngest being a 13 and 14 year old, with many learner drivers.  From all reports, the time on the circuit was the most rewarding and thrilling for them.  

Many thanks to all those who helped run the day.  They include:

David Crump
Robert Downes
Randy Navarra
Rob Dale
Andrew Carra
Mick Aarons
Ben Thompson
Ray Pignataro
Owen Boak
Phil Baskett
Frank Musco
Bruno Colautti
Mark Pantane
Craig Healy
Steve Cook
Sam Gumina
Mike Kirby

Helen Hodge

Graham Wilson
Ross Flood
Anthony Sharp
Colin Thomas
Barry Edmunds

Claude Botti
Michael Botti
Daniel Botti
Chris Sutherland
Rory Sutherland
Gianocarlo Ingrisiano

Of course there will be someone I have forgotten, so apologies, but please send me a note and I will correct the error.

With my kindest regards to all, see you at the next program in August.
We are strategising a high performance program along side circuit training.  WIP.

Neil

Neil Choi

FORGOT ONE VERY VERY IMPORTANT PERSON TO THANK.

MARY COLAUTTI

FOR ALL THE CATERING FOR THE DAY AND LEFTOVERS FOR THE NEXT.

WITHOUT WHOM, WE WOULD HAVE LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT (GOOD FOR SOME!!!!)