Classic Alfa Delivery!! INCREDIBLE!!

Started by McAnnik, February 20, 2012, 07:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McAnnik

Hi All, I have to comment on this because I hardly believe it actually happened.  On Friday 17th pm  I completed my internet order to Classic Alfa  UK. had a brief exchange with Andrew at Classic Alfa to confirm a couple of items and the order was processed. Today Mon 20th the courier  delivered my order to my front door! I find it difficult to believe!!!! I've waited longer for a train!!!!!!     So there you are!  Where can you get service like that anywhere else?  Congrats are also due to DHL,the Lear Jet must have waited for my parcel!!  Cheers.

magraith

I have to agree.  I have had exactly the same experience!

njh1964

At the risk of being a bit of a downer (and well done Classic Alfa, by the way)... I ordered a repair panel from Heinbrand in Germany. They sent it via DHL. It arrived at Australian Customs 35 days later. DHL must have had the rowboat waiting in the English Channel for my package.

Heinbrand was really good helping me to finally track the package down, and they were very apologetic over the delay, even though it wasn't their fault. DHL, on the other hand, was worse than useless... and not for the first time, in my person experience.

Cheers,

Nick
Now:
1968 Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior - Complete Restoration Project
2002 Alfa Romeo 147 Twin Spark - Track Day Car
Previously:
1974 Alfasud TI - First Car

Dna Dave

They are great, I ordered thurs mid night, and came home from work today and there it was, impressive.
1980 Alfa gtv racecar, 2.0L twinspark turbo
1991 Alfa 75 Potenziata
2009 Alfa Mito VRA Racecar
1974 Alfetta sedan
2003 Mitsubishi Evo3 RS
2008 Alfa GT 3.2L
2007 Mazerati MC Victory

Past,

Not that many 😜

colcol

I bought some suspension parts from sc_maroc on ebay from Italy, took 10 days to arrive, i have waited longer for parts from Australia, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Davidm1600

Yep me too, for what ever reason, parts seem to arrive incredibly fast from the UK. I also have had this experience when buying parts from Classic Alfa.   

I also recently needed some parts for my 156 and ordered them through EB Spares, literally a few days later they were here. 

I recall some years ago sending a post card from NZ and it took something like 10 days to arrive. I beat it back !
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

EZEE

My day job is as an importer of lighting, predominantly from Europe. We have numerous shipments coming in every week via air cargo, parcel express (DHL/FED EX/UPS). Last week DHL lost a parcel with 8,000 EU worth of goods coming form Germany and offered $62.00 worth of compensation - not a typo. Other weeks (and to be fair in most cases) DHL are very quick and reliable.

Another strange shipping anecdote - if it takes 24hrs to fly from Europe to Australia why do some of air cargo shipments take up to two weeks?

Back to topic though, this sort of word of mouth advertising for ClassicAlfa is fantastic, I have never bought anything from them but gee if I was looking.........I have never read a bad review. Nice to hear a great business story mixed in with passion for Alfa's.

Emmanuel

Davidm1600

Hi Emmanual, I can go a little further re Classic Alfa, on a couple of occasions when in London in the past I dropped in with my brother in law to have a chat with Richard Norris, (owner of the business). He is is a really friendly and very knowledgeable guy. From memory he started out with Richard Banks (Alfaholics) many years ago but split to run his own business.

When we last visited Classic Alfa, he had in his garage his one owner from new low milage (ie. 30,000 miles)1750 GTV S2, his yellow 246 Dino and a GTC.  Talk about some drool material.  There was 105 Alfa stuff everywhere in storage area.  Since then he moved to larger premises to allow the business to expand.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina