My 1975 Berlina 2000A

Started by mickl, January 07, 2012, 08:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickl

I hope this post works as I have spent the last hour getting error messages!
I hope there are 2 pictures attached of JFK which is my name (can you work out the name puzzle?) for my 1975 Berlina 2000A which I have finally registered after having been messing about with now for about 2 years. It started off in piper yellow but I think prototipo yellow is much nicer. I have had many problems along the way but am over most now and am using the car daily in my local area. It will need to prove itself a bit more before I take it further than Newcastle which is 40 km down the road. I have tried to keep expenditure as low as possible but the dollars do get away from you. I guess i could recover about 1/3 at best if I tried to sell it now, but I hope it will be my go-to car for the next couple of years or so. Purists will not like the SAAB mag wheels but i can tell you that the old steel rims looked awful with the bright colour and these more modern mags are to my liking. Tyres are 215 60 15 but 205 `s would have been better. I don`t think there are any other Berlinas in the Newcastle/Hunter/mid n coast area but if there are i would be keen to know of them.
Mickl

Davidm1600

Well done Mickl (not sure I can figure out the JFK part  ??? but that is perhaps because it is early sunday after a big night out !).

I reckon your berlina looks pretty damned wicked.  Its your car, so what ever colour and wheel/tyre combo is entirely up to you. I think I must agree 205s might be a little better but just see how it goes.  The best thing is that it looks very sound in the body, nice and straight and you are using it/enjoying it. 

I had a 2L white manual Berlina, it was in sad condition in the bodywork, though the mechanicals and trim basically were in pretty good nick. I really loved that car, despite its problems. Sadly both it, and my brothers collection of Berlinas are now just parts cars.

Re your investment into your Berlina, perhaps not just yet, but in the longer term I reckon you should be fine. Over in the US and perhaps Europe prices for Berlinas have risen considerably. +$20K for superb condition cars is not unheard of.  I don't think I have seen any out here for that sort of money, but then again Berlinas are pretty rare these days.  So a good one is definitely a keeper IMHO.

Have fun with yours. 
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina