GROUP BUY [MEL] - ALLOY UNDERTRAY - a must for lowered cars!

Started by wankski, January 07, 2012, 08:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wankski

Hi guys,

I am making inquiries into shipping over 4 alloy under trays at once. The suppliers i am aware of are ALFASTUMPER (DK) and ALFISTI (GER).

http://alfastumper.dk/oscommerce_st/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=270_1_8&products_id=61

http://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styling/Alfa-156/Motor-Airfilters/Aluminum-Engine-Guard::2910.html

As you can see in the links above, the alloy unit is a lot stiffer and wont sag unlike the stock plastic tray, with many perished by now... For lowered cars, it is essential as it provides between 22mm rear to 40mm front more clearance than the stock unit (when that is not itself sagging) this could prevent scrapping the ground on poor roads, driveways and speed humps.

Of course you won't have to have a lowered car to appreciate this upgrade replacement.

I figure 4 per order is the max, as if i have the pricing figured out right, it's approx $200 ea, and we won't want to tip over the import and gst levy... maybe 5 units max... but we could also organise 2 orders if we get many interested people...

Trays can be ordered to suit 4 and 6 cyl, 156, 147 and GT models.

it's a bit more expensive at alfisti, and stumper in what looks like a lover's tiff claims their unit is better as well, but we'll see what the best both can do and go from there...

The item will be shipped to me, and i can supply it at either Bentleigh, Parkville, CBD or the next alfa meet!

so who is in?

This has also been posted at the other alfa site!

cheers

Joe

wankski

first round of 4 trays completed. Will update if there is a further order!

thanks

Brad M

Would be good to get an update on the transaction once completed.

Where did you go Alfisti or Stumper? and how much for each under tray to be delivered?
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

wankski

bix

Nice one Wankski. I would have been "in" only that I ordered mine a few weeks ago.
For potential TwinSpark purchasers, please be aware that there are a couple of undertray variants depending if it is a Euro2 or Euro3 spec, so it's best to provide your ZAR chassis number.

ANG156

I may be interested in the second shipment but i will try to get a friend on board who has been busting my chops to find him one.

bix

The Zeatek/Alfa Stumper undertray arrived today. It looks nice, well made and sturdy gauge. Check it out.

155 lover

Hi guys I'm interested in a second shipment. Ive got a 147 Gta. Just a quick query - do they also have the carbon fibre undertrays & whats the best way to fix these undertrays to the car
79' Alfetta 2000
74' Spider
03' 147 GTA

bix

Quote from: 155 lover on January 17, 2012, 10:18:34 AM
Hi guys I'm interested in a second shipment. Ive got a 147 Gta. Just a quick query - do they also have the carbon fibre undertrays & whats the best way to fix these undertrays to the car

Alfa Stumper don't seem to have a carbon fibre undertray although I have seen them on cars, so they are available from somewhere. The undertrays should just use the standard torx screws, allen screws and bolts as per standard plastic/fibreglass tray.

155 lover

No problems. Thanks for the info.

Anyway, I'm definitely keen for one of these aluminium undertrays for my 147 GTA. If people go in for a group buy again, please send me a message and let me know. I need one within the next six months, so will probably go it alone if I don't hear from anyone.

Thanks,
Daniel.
79' Alfetta 2000
74' Spider
03' 147 GTA

wankski

hi mate, i see u live in SA. it is not economical to post this interstate, the savings on the group buy will be eroded by courier (oversize, greater than 120cm)... best go it alone... pretty reasonably priced for what it is...

i say get it while the dollar is good!

bix

I installed my undertray and thought I'd show a couple of pics for anyone interested. Installation was a cinch and the extra good news was that it fitted without issues over the OMP Wishbone bar.
The only minor  beef I have with it is - unlike the plastic undertray - you can't access the sump bolt and change your oil without taking the undertray off. Nothing a grinder can't fix!

wankski

nice...

i couldn't do that on my v6 anyways so no loss... i like how this one covers the sump, i'm shit scared of cracking mine!

do you know what the fixing bolts are? orgie and I lost a few on the EMR today.... it's dragging along now!  :-[

i think stumper told me they are standard m5 or m6 bolts?

i think it's the standard thread bit i can't quite bring myself to believe... true story??

bix

There are 5 Torx bolts for the front (6mm?). The standard undertray then uses 2 Allen and 2 regular bolts both the same size at the back of the tray (sorry but not sure what size they are). As the new Alu Undertray doesn't have holes for where the 2 Allen bolts would go, you could reuse either of those Allen ones to fit the very rear ones if they are lost.

155 lover

Hi all

I went and ordered my undertray for my 147 GTA however there is a problem. The undertray is pressing hard against the hard and soft Air con lines, and is very close to the oil cooler lines. Has anyone else had these problems? I've emailed alfa stumper to check I got the right part, but short of that, I'm not sure what to do....
79' Alfetta 2000
74' Spider
03' 147 GTA