AROCA-BABYCO 6 hr Relay at Winton 27-28 October 2007

Started by Evan Bottcher, October 29, 2007, 08:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

I thought it might be an idea to start a separate thread for everybody to post their photos.  Sorry these first few will be a bit focussed on "Team Trofeo"!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

alfagtv58

My pics are also a touch biased!!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

Well done Phil (and the rest of the team) - great job!!
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Victor Lee

Yes, on behalf of Victoree Racing, I also want to congratulate team Maschi Di Alfa! 

For those who don't know, four members of this team were also part of the winning team that won the 6 Hour at Mallala this year.  But for this latest Winton effort effort, the WHOLE team deserves its accolades to the close finish over the other podium finishers (MX5 team and the BMW E30 team).

The whole Team Maschi Di Alfa simply outdrove the rest of the field and ran a fair and square race under careful the careful eye of Team Manager Claudia (and no strategists involved). 

I am probably talking out of turn here, but when I heard the following and knowing the sound characters of team members of Maschi Di Alfa team, it really cheesed me off:  To the team that made allegations that this team had in car timers:  Get better drivers!  The combined 6 Hour Races/Regularity events that the team members of has done over the years is in excess of 50!  They are well seasoned 6 Hour campaigners that doesn't need to resort to finding loopholes in the Regs or in-car timers to win.  Enough ranting from me.

Well done again!
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Alister Grigg

Those old buggers did it again eh!  As Victor says no party tricks needed....just a ton of experience and using de brain!

Scott Farquharson

Hey - i love the podium and whole presentation thing - great work - was there champers?
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

alfagtv58

Quote from: Scott Farquharson on October 30, 2007, 04:49:34 PM
Hey - i love the podium and whole presentation thing - great work - was there champers?

You missed out last year buddy!!

There was champers (John Floyd has it in the photo)...but it wasnt sprayed, that would be a long and sticky drive home from Benalla!  We made the executive decision to give it to John so he and Kate can enjoy it on their upcoming honeymoon ;D
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

That's great - what about grid girls on the podium......
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

branko.gt

some pics

branko.gt

and more

branko.gt

and more

branko.gt

and more