Phillip Island Videos....

Started by jimnielsen, December 12, 2011, 07:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimnielsen

A collage.. First, Alan Goodall wanted to show me how his drifting technique had improved, then Mick Aarons drops in to say Hi. After that, Mick decides to show me how drifting is really done. Finally, I round things out with my fastest lap of the day.  Oh - and yes that was Ray Pignataro in the Sud...yes - I will fix the camera mounting ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JHUT9zANcs
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

Ray Pignataro

Jim did you afix the camera with wobble tape. Mick man watching you is grouse dont ever want to be a passenger with you though i would be very very scared. this is a big statement but you might be as crazy as Frank.

Frank Musco

Jim, another very entertainig video, especially when Mick kept popping into view and going sideways around MG. Also the speed coming out of Siberia to pass Mick BEFORE the kink is freaky!

Ray, I believe Lap times are inversely proportional to sanity, so...yeah Micks going pretty quick these days.  ;D

Ray Pignataro

if only i had another 200 horsepower.

tjb0274

Good stuff.

Been trying to upload some footage of the first session, but youtube is being recalcitrant.
Current:
1970/1990 Ricciardi-Alfa (track/occasional weekend car)
2003 147 GTA (daily driver)
1969 Lotus Europa (weekend toy)
2003 Peugeot 206gti (retired daily driver)

Past:
1971 1750 GTV
More Fiat 850s than I can count

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Ray Pignataro on December 12, 2011, 10:28:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/vibrantshadow?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/NXLweuqSBZU
The contiuation of Mick and Jim

Great stuff.  Nicely done Chode, that's the way to go over Lukey Heights, reminds me of Rossi. 

hmd

Neil Choi

Just a couple of laps with Damon specifically chasing Colin.  Nothing exciting.  Just difference in straight line speed or our lack of.

But ended up with Damon's best laptime and for the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXbqN4Vsiv0

tjb0274

Hmm - youtube still being problematic. This seems to have colour mapping issues played back through my browser. Watchable in parts - you can see me chasing Joe Falcone's GTV.

Current:
1970/1990 Ricciardi-Alfa (track/occasional weekend car)
2003 147 GTA (daily driver)
1969 Lotus Europa (weekend toy)
2003 Peugeot 206gti (retired daily driver)

Past:
1971 1750 GTV
More Fiat 850s than I can count

aggie57

You're a brave man taking those wide lines over Lukey's Mick.  Not much room for error out there......
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

jimnielsen

That's another great video, Mick - great to see how it all looked from your seat - it sure was a lot of fun, shame i couldn't actually keep it on the black stuff a little more! I was on my fastest lap when I spun at Honda (again..) - I was hoping to clear out before you could see it - no such luck. Lets do it all again!!
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

Frank Musco

Mick, good to see you keeping Jim honest. Nice work over Lukey!, I'd have to change my undies after that!

Stephen Aarons

Not as exciting as Mick's footage, but was still a good run.

1989 75 3.0 (Weekend Toy)
1982 GTV6 (Project)
        oo=v=oo
2001 156 (TS Cup Car)
2015 Nissan Navara (Daily drive/Tow car)

hammer

Very exciting boys!

Mick are you on slicks or radials? I love the sound of that 3 litre.

Cheers,

Brent