Chest pains -oooh, just bought the 159Ti from Brighton....

Started by sedlar, October 21, 2007, 08:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sedlar

Hi Everyone from the Sedlar family in Rowville,
We joined the club last night - our heads are still spinning with the purchase of our first Alfa Romeo on Thursday this week.  Michael had 'chest pains' after sitting in the cockpit of a new Alfa Rossa 6 speed manual 159 Turismo Internacionale, so to alleviate the pain - he bought it!!!!

We look forward to meeting other Alfa families at your meets early next year.  Our kids, aged 3 and 5 respectively, are still learning to pronounce "Alfa Omeo" and have yet to see the new car which we will pick up in a few weeks time. 

So, on go the Alfa "L" plates and look forward to meeting you all in the near future.
Ciao!!

branko.gt

welcome  8)

i knew Alfa was good for many things but this the first time i hear about medicinal use.  ;D

Evan Bottcher

Must admit when I saw the first part of the subject of your post I worried that some member was having a heart attack and couldn't get to the phone from their computer :-D

Welcome to the club, I'd love to see your car at our Spettacolo display day at Como Park in November?

If you've got any photos - please upload them and share your pain...!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

sedlar

Prevention is better than cure, but cure a heart felt desire - the Alfa has!
Someone, bring me a glass of vintage red!!!
Yes, we will certainly add photos once we take delivery as the ones taken by mobile phone camera arent the best quality.  (Havent had luck sourcing a red one on WWW either, so the black had to do.)  Now, the garage will look truly Italian soon with a new Alfa, MV Agusta and red Vespa! 
They (Alfa dealers) say that only 140 of the 159Ti's were made for Australia.  Anyone know if that's true?

Ciao,
Michael & Gordana

Anth73

Congrats on the purchase, it's a damn se*y car! Did you go the JTS or V6?
Now:
2012 Giulietta QV
1982 GTV6 3L fast road build
1966 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce...the long term project
1970 1750 GTV project car for sale

Then:
2002 156 2.5V6 Manual
2012 159 2.4JTDm Sportwagon
1973 2000 GTV with a 1750 rear half...that was a shame!
Alfa 90 (only for its engine mounts)

sedlar

Unfortunately, only the JTS, but boy did it fly down the Nepean Highway last week!!!!  The V6 was out of our price range - (one income family with kids!) Gotta love that engine roar as you gear down in high speed and boy, does it corner like a dream!  Reminds me of the 1996 4WS Mazda MX6 we used to have years ago - stability is amazing.