New Guilietta QV

Started by w47ty, November 11, 2011, 08:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w47ty

Just thought i would share a pic of the latest addition to my Alfa family...

Some say controversially but I decided against the sport pack. I am not conivinced by a sunroof in QLD plus to my mind it didnt look right with the Maranello red. on my mates black one though it looks cool.

I could not be happier. it drives like a dream and the DNA system is not as gimmicky as you at first think.

anyway a pic....
75 2000 GTV
88 3.0 V6 75

wankski

best! nice color and man, must say i was tempted!

maybe in a yr or 3... :)

colcol

How do you find the lack of foot rest and no room for your foot next to the clutch pedal, drive you mad?, great car apart from that, its replaced the 147 that had a proper pedal layout, why did Alfa \ Fiat go backwards with this?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

w47ty

wankski - cheers mate. I am very pleased with the colour I have to say. The power in dynamic mode is awesome. you really have to be watching your speed or you can be 120 before you know where you are....not that I have done that of course :)

Colin - I must admit the clutch issue doesnt bother me too much but as usual my great big feet can accidentally hit both the accelerator and the brake at the same time!  I never really drove the 147 so cant comment on its layout compared to the QV but I will take your word for it. 

I am loving it I have to say :)

cheers

chris
75 2000 GTV
88 3.0 V6 75

colcol

Like all Alfa's, they have some issues, if i had one i would get the gas axe out and bend the pedals across to the right, i was driven around a few weeks ago in one, and i would have no hesitation buying one, surely one of Alfa's most stylish yet, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

ANG156

Col, i had a 16valve 33 and had no issues driving it with the pedals. Then again i have a size 9 skinny foot but i did manage to drive with steel cap boots. I guess it comes down to driving finesse ;) ;) ;) - only kidding with you mate.

colcol

I reckon that if i was wearing size 12 steel capped boots i could manage to hit 3 pedals with one foot, but getting back to the new Guilietta, having no foot rest and room next to the clutch pedal is a bad oversight on Alfa's behalf, which is a pity, as the rest of the car is brilliant, Colin.

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Hi Colocol,

The lack of space in the footwell of RHD cars was not an oversight by Alfa.  It was a by-product of the inclusion of a unique pedal safety (in the event of a crash) technology Alfa uses in the Guilietta.  Rather than an oversight, its more a limitation of routing the mechanics of this in the RHD car.
It's still a shame.

Cheers,
Marco.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

L4OMEO

I agree that pedal placement is poor, but it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me. Have encountered much worse (Peugeot 106 anyone? Or an Alfasud for that matter?  ;D )

2002 156 GTA

colcol

The Alfasud pedal setup is the same as a Alfa 33, but a cheap fix i did try was to get some cheap 'K-Mart' velcro runners, and with an angle grinder buff all the excess rubber soles off the runners to make them as thin as possible, so your heel doesn't catch on 2 pedals at once, and have them sitting in the car to be used when driving, too much time on my hands?, sure but it did help, Colin.

Paul Gulliver

Quoteangle grinder buff all the excess rubber soles off the runners to make them as thin as possible

Did you try that on any of your "excess toes".
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

L4OMEO

Quote from: colcol on November 14, 2011, 09:42:11 PM
The Alfasud pedal setup is the same as a Alfa 33, but a cheap fix i did try was to get some cheap 'K-Mart' velcro runners, and with an angle grinder buff all the excess rubber soles off the runners to make them as thin as possible, so your heel doesn't catch on 2 pedals at once, and have them sitting in the car to be used when driving, too much time on my hands?, sure but it did help, Colin.

I just adapted to them and they worked fine. Besides, buggered if I was going to modify every set of Sud pedals I ever owned  ;D
2002 156 GTA

colcol

I drive my 33 and i don't notice the pedals, drive another Sud or 33 and it drives me nuts, not to mention driving with the skill of a Gorila, give me a weekend with a new Gullie, and i would fix the pedals, as like a rattle, knock or buzz, it would drive you mad, Colin.

Broch

Quote from: w47ty on November 11, 2011, 08:41:50 AM
Some say controversially but I decided against the sport pack. I am not conivinced by a sunroof in QLD plus to my mind it didnt look right with the Maranello red. on my mates black one though it looks cool.

This is the first addition to my Alfa family. I went with the sport pack, mainly for the leather seats, but also because I think the sunroof suits the white that I chose.

Beautiful car, amazing to drive. I haven't noticed any problems with the pedals, but then again this is the first manual car I've owned for quite a few years. My only disappointment is that it won't acknowledge my iPhone!

alfa 156 TI

I got the Guilietta QV in the Alfa Red. I just went with the standard as well and prefer the seats. I read about the lack of pedal rest prior, however don't really notice it when driving. Have so far done 3000km and love the car. Best buy ever so far.