A Racing Cab ?

Started by MD, November 02, 2011, 12:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

Just to refocus on what this topic is about, here's some more pics of the car itself. Will post ones off the track as they evolve and hopefully some video as well.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

bonkfrog

MD
Don't reject the old Dodge straight off. Picture yourself behind the wheel: straw panama hat, cigar between the teeth and one arm over the back of the seat, wallowing along at a steady 80kph . . .
BTW the car's looking mean.

Cheers

Bonkfrog
Current: Alfetta GTV 2.0
Past: GTJ1300 (2l conversion), Giulia Supers, Giulia 1600TI

MD

Quoteso MD whats the next build?

Brad, at my age, probably a solar powered wheel chair.. ;D

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

MD

QuotePicture yourself behind the wheel

Bonkfrog,

I'm doin' it but I think I need to turn the binoculars around the other way cause the picture isn't getting any closer.  :D

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

MD

Here's a photo of the Cab having track strategy talks with big brother..

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Storm_X

Quote from: MD on November 04, 2011, 05:30:52 PM
BradGTV,

Quotethanks for sharing Mike,
has given me some good ideas for my track car

Guys on this Forum who know their stuff aren't going to be bothered reading this sort of thread as most of it is already well known and understood. The articles are meant exactly for guys like you who are tinkering and experimenting with the notion of getting in on the action of Alfa motor sport. My firm belief is that when my grey nomad generation hands over the helm of Alfa club activities, there needs to be a new generation to take over with as much enthusiasm as their forefathers. If you like, this is my contribution to all those guys who always thought it would be too hard to build a race car or you simply didn't know where to start. Well you no longer have an excuse. :)

Normally racers keep their developments close to their chests as it is counter productive to let the opposition in on what you got up your sleeve. In the case of racing for sheep stations and for a livelihood, that is a valid approach. For social and club level racing where more racing is won and lost at the bar after the event, knowing what everybody else is doing simply makes for closer competition that improves the breed and so secrecy for me is not what I am about.

I learnt many new things through your build threads MD. As its good for use you guys who are new to the Alfa scene and dont have many        Alfa Connections eg (Friends that are Alfa mechanics and have work shops etc).

"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

OzMidnight

Mine IS actually yellow - feel free to come work on it once yours is done!  Nice work, as always.

MD

Hahhhaa. Friends are telling me I am going senile but unfortunately for you, I am not there yet.  :) :)

About time your got your finger out Ben. :) From what I remember there isn't all that much to do to it is there?

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

OzMidnight

It was worth a try...

I'm nearly well enough again to consider opening the bonnet on the thing again...plus when work starts again I can make up any brackets or whatever I need, along the way. Timing gear still needs to be done - I must re-contact Julian Lord about the bag of pieces I've "misplaced" now that I feel well enough to approach strangers again!  ;)

My interior may be an fair improvement on when I got it, except the driver's seat thanks to someone leaving it out in the weather when they were meant to be working on it for me - but it'll never be as neat and tidy as the racing cars I see on here.  Still, if I can do Lakeside in 88 seconds on 1 1/2 cylinders, I can only improve in times at least!

Senility test...when you've finished with yours, want to come and do mine?

Cheers,
Lee.

~edited~  forgot to add/ask my original question - how much was the driveshaft?

Darryl

Oz, Mr Lord appears to be planning a move - better be quick. See his ads here.

MD

Apologies Lee. I continually get your Forum name mixed up with Ben. Still, you could do worse, I haven't called you Shirley yet.. ;D
Yep, he is definitely having a big clean up..

Give me a phone call about the driveshaft.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

OzMidnight

All fine.  Thanks for the heads up, guys.  MD, once normality resumes (kids back to school)  I'll give you a message!  Thanks.

As for weight, with all the plastic panels and the minimal rollcage, according to last owner my yellow thing comes in at 849kg, minus driver.

MD

I need to backpedal and show you some footage of my cars (and other great Alfas) on the track. Have a squizz here on my You Tube channel :-

http://www.youtube.com/user/MDAlfaworks?feature=mhee

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0