Sud mods

Started by 116gtv, November 01, 2011, 12:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

116gtv

Sorry I don't have any, David.

Frank, awesome info on the motor choices, I'm sure this will be of interest and assistance to many other boxer newbies. Im quite happy to stick to my single carb 1.5 right now, its seems to pull quite well once it gets going ;D

Southern75

Martin,

Do you want an engine ... i can off load a 1.5 to you if you so desire.

Last time i knew they were reasonably good.

Again Martin ... let me know

Cheers

Matt
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

116gtv

Guys,
I've got some wheel studs to go onto the sprint. Not sure if I should loctite them in with a light or
medium strength  version? Any thoughts? Thanks, Martin   

Fetta GTV

I'd say you would need something quite permanent otherwise they may undo when you undo the nuts
I'm sure someone else will chime in with a better answer
1979 Alfetta GTV
1986 Alfa Sprint 1.5 twin carb

colcol

Use the high strength loctite as the constant loosening and tightening will loosen the studs off, and the best way to loosen loctite is to heat it up, and those hub bearings sure get hot, and if you have outboard brakes, more heat again, a tip on removing loctite, use a oxy acetelene flame or a heat gun, and when the loctite starts to smoke, it will burn away, wait till it cools, undo fastener, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Fetta GTV

Hey Martin
Any updates on the Sprint, interested to see how its coming along
Cheers
David
1979 Alfetta GTV

116gtv

Hi,
Time is getting away these days, so I havent had time to trial fit your old wheels or my custom flares, but the new studs are in and it survived the first motorkhana. Much more fun with the FWD/hydraulic handbrake combo than the Alfetta on tight turns in the dirt. I should take some pics and post them..

Fetta GTV

Would be good to see some pics of the sprint in action
Here is one of mine as it is at the moment, not much action yet. Hoping to register soon. Finally got a set of tyres for the rims I had. 195/50/15's
1979 Alfetta GTV

stuka

looking forward to an update on this?

are strut tower braces worthwhile and are they available?
Alfasud Sprint, GTV 3.2 V6

Fetta GTV

I dont think that a Strut tower brace would do much as there is a substantial brace already.
I hear that the brace that goes from the chassis rail up to near the strut tower is worthwhile.
They had them on the 16v 33's
1979 Alfetta GTV